Hi.. from SE Texas

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by beck5711, Jan 23, 2010.

1. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I'm here from Madisonville way.Where is everyone else from I know where Gaylyn is from.Yep I'm the Guardian Angel :).

2. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

Glenda we need to have the new stewbies, Phyllis and Becky join us in April when Wannabe comes down. Also maybe Toni could come down and Cheryl come up from Houston. There are two others...one from I think Coldspring and maybe Huntsville. The last two aren't on very often. Wouldn't that be a hoot, to have so many stewbies in one place!!! We will have to work on it, OK? :p :p

3. clemen

clemen New Seed

Gess, already want to live in TX next to Beckie....guys can I get invited, lol....

4. beck5711

beck5711 Seedling

LOL... Clemmie.. I told you you need to move back to TX... maybe Beaumont?..LOL

Yippee... Gaylynn.. that would be sooo much fun.. and to fill you and the others in.. we call ourselves troublemakers..(TM).. NOT that we cause trouble, but we love to laugh,have fun, act silly if we have to, and just love life.Life's too short to be a stick in the mud.. unless it's your fingers!!

Advertisement
  5. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

Becky I see a patern developing here!! Several of you must have met on another website (maybe like the one in J'ville). I was wondering what the TM stood for! :D :D :D It would be great to get as many of us Texans (and guests) together!

6. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I've been thinking the same thing, Gaylin. We've been thinking of coming up to Lufkin but must wait until we make this move when ever that will be, I don't know.
    I live across from Glenda. I've been here in Texas for 14 months now. dooley

7. beck5711

beck5711 Seedling

OHH.. that would be so neat to meet and discuss our gardens! I had no idea there were so many of you fairly close to me, and that is great!

Gaylynn.. you are right.. I was searching for a new "home", and asked some of my friends to join me here

dooley.. shame you are having to move... will you still be close?

8. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

We are moving to a smaller place. When we moved here we rented this big one and it has four bedrooms, three baths, and four other gigantic rooms. We are going to move to a 2 bedroom mobile as soon as the people move it to where ever it lands. Soon, I hope. We do want the smaller place though. This one is just too big for two people. dooley

9. mibus2

mibus2 Seedling

Gee Beck your telling our secrets ...LOL...first you tell about my bread now you tell about our silliness at times ...Yes we did meet on another site but we will leave the name out as some have had no problems and others have had problems

A get together ...gee that is right up our alley
    When I moved here almost 3 yrs ago I went to every get together the other place over by Dallas had to get to met people and learn form them on Texas gardening and majority of my plants came from trading with them
    then we started one for East Texas and Becky and a few others worked wtih me to get it set up.
    The last one Becky and the others did as I was in college station at the train the trainer class for school bus driver trainers.

I snicker Dooley at what you say as far as moving to a smaller place as we left a 2 story house with 3/4 acre yard and got a ranch house on 2 1/2 acres here LOL

well girls sorry I was missing in action today but I seem to have gotten a bug and was up every 15-30 min all night and it has finally stopped I hope so all i need to do is get rid of the lower back ache and slight headache.

10. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

That would be so much fun.I would love it in fact mentioned it earlier Gaylyn.It would be fantastic.I've wanted this a long time.We have had 5 of us together and more the merrier.

11. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Hi there and Welcome.

12. lilsista59

lilsista59 Seedling

Nice to meet you Becky TM...Teeheehee

13. slcdms

slcdms Seedling

Are you still out with Lyle, Beck ?

14. beck5711

beck5711 Seedling

Well.. I have been MIA.. that's what we call missing in action.. in other words I have been gone all day.. had to go with the DH for an eye exam, and lucky i did cause he dilated his eyes.. and i got to eat steak...yummm way worht the trip!!

dooley... I hear you on smaller place.. sometimes they can be too large, but i sure do miss my larger home in TN. We have a trailer here in TX and it's too small..

glenndann.. we love to get together and trade plants.. have a potluck lunch.. are there are you.. what we called round ups, or plants swaps here on the stew?? I think we'll "stew" this around, cause sounds like a lot of fun!!.. hehe

Penny... Thank you for the nice welcome..is it cold up there??..LOL

Phyllis.. soooo nice to meet you... you ol thang you..lol.. this is another friend of mine... to all my new friends.. she's a great friend!!

moderator's note: corrected Chatspeak see point 3.2 of usage rules

15. clemen

clemen New Seed

OK girl, where are you today??