HI! I'm new here from the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by Perdita Shaylee, Sep 1, 2006.

1. lilwoof63

lilwoof63 New Seed

Welcome Perdi. I too am new to this site.

2. Greasy Bean

Greasy Bean New Seed

Perdi,
    Good Morning, Even if it is raining there. So far it is not here and I need to get some more things out of the garden today so I can get another shipment ready to go out. We got three sent out yesterday and just plan on two today. That garden has sure been using up most of my time lately. Stay in it most of the day and dream about it at night. That way I get double enjoyment from it.

The greens plot is really doing great and is ready to start shipping except the turnips and they will need more time. Finally got the creasy greens sowed and they will come in shortly.

If you have much rain you may as well kick back and rest today. I might e-mail you again in a bit.

Will check back with you later and try to get a message posted to the rest of the nice folks here.

G bean

3. kandie

kandie New Seed

Welcome Perdi

Hi, I hail from Florida, and am new here too... I am a kinda novice newbee gardener, but am getting plenty of info and support here.... if you get a chance go take a look at my pics in the members gallery if you want :)) You'll see my fledgling attempt and growing a garden heheh... and maybe you can 'name that plant' on a couple too LOLOL.. anyway, welcome to the STEW, it's a great bunch!!

Kandie

4. Perdita Shaylee

Perdita Shaylee New Seed

Hi,finally, I've been having problems getting on here today and posting. Thanks for the welcomes and welcome to all you guys too. Raining again here G Bean, you must be a very generous fellow! I priced greasy beans for $40. a bushel.They are worth every penny too. Hope you don't have any bad people living near you, a lady in town woke up one morning last week and all of her beans and squash and apples and other fruit trees and all the garden vegtables had been picked clean while she slept. Migrant workers had rented the house right behind her. I just can't imagine,looks like they would have just took a little at a time and left her something. Flood advisory tonight and more rain on the way. Suppose to work tomorrow but if it looks bad I may wait till Thurs.I did get a chance to get out some earlier and dig a few wild flowers. I may have to move some salad flats in out of the rain,it's beating them to death and they are growing too fast. They get lanky and want to fall over with too much water. I need to see what I missed today soI'll be wandering around here a while. Perdi

Advertisement
  5. Greasy Bean

Greasy Bean New Seed

Hello Perdi,
    The seeds and I mean a lot of them made the trip very well. As soon as the soil dries a little I will prepare a bed for some of them. I think they will go good what we already have in the the next plot over.

I may dig the rest of the carrots to make the bed a little bigger.

Thanks So very much. A lot of our elderly neighbors will enjoy the greens and will thank you for being so kind as I do. I will get the seed/plants in the mail soon as I finish collecting some more,

Thank you again.

G. Bean

6. southern bell

southern bell Seedling

I got a trade from Perdi too, GBean. I'll be planting seeds forever!!! I have to extend my greens patch now.

You are too generous, Perdi. I'm just thrilled with the wildflower plants you sent too. I don't have any Joe Pye Weed here and I think it is so pretty blooming. You sure have made me aware of all the beautiful plants growing wild. I'm gonna make one flower bed and call it "my Perdi bed". Thanks a bunch.