How did you choose your username?

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 19, 2006.

1. ophelia

ophelia New Seed

Ophelia is a shorter version of "Ophelia Gloopensnable" which is one of my dad's nicknames for me. The name originally came from a silly play he was in at teachers college and obviously stuck in his head until he nicknamed me with it a few years later!

2. Pricklypear

Pricklypear Seedling

I'm Pricklypear

The prickly pear seems to grow just about everywhere in our Arizona Desert. Some folks use it in their landscaping.

Every August I get long pair of tongs and harvest a bucket of prickly pear tuna (the pinkish purple fruit). I make prickly pear jelly and syrup. When my boys were little, I'd prepare a big kettle of prickly pear and make "cactus punch" and freeze it. But my favorite use is to make prickly pear sorbet and margaritas.

3. bieramar

bieramar New Seed

bieramar = Biera Mar (beautiful water), a name chosen to describe an early 20th century platted area on Anastasia Island; where Spanish settlers arrived in 1564 and established St. Augustine FL, the oldest continuously occupied European city in what is now the United States.

Biera Mar extends from the Atlantic Ocean to the Matanzas River - I first lived on the ocean beach side in 1971, and then again was living there in 1999 when my girlfriend gave me her old Original Classic WebTv (which I'm still using to submits this post). So I became 'bieramar' on the net/web. Google me, and check out my blog and other web efforts.

4. veebur

veebur New Seed

how I chose my username

My username is a combination of my initials -- VBR or veebur.

Advertisement
  5. GrandaddyDayCare

GrandaddyDayCare Seedling

I am a Granddaddy and my wife allows me to spend the day playing outside in the yard or in the garage on the cold and rainy days :D

6. lulu1107

lulu1107 New Seed

My Username Has a History

My user name came originally as a way to put a positive spin on my ex-husband's opinion of my state of sanity!!! I became a party clown (a little undignified, but the pay's great) and was told that I needed to choose a name that was easy for the kids to remember...makes sense...so they can ask Mommy for that particular clown. I started out with the name Blinky and decided it didn't fit. Lulu was perfect!!! The 1107 represents my children's ages when I first started out in the world as a single mom.

Rhonda...Wearer of Many Hats

7. shannonrose

shannonrose New Seed

I put my first and middle name together. When I was young I didn't car for my name so much , but now I think it fits

8. sureideas

sureideas New Seed

I chose my username from my yahoo id. I like this id because it helps me a lot by creating an impression about myself.. I want people to take notice of what I write. This is one username I use to contribute all over the world.

9. Debby36

Debby36 New Seed

Obviously, my name is Debby- and I have 3 kids, and 6 grandkids. All are into some level of gardening. The 2 and 3 year olds are my best helpers???

10. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

I came up with Daisybeans a number of years ago I needed a screen name for some site.... I wanted a name that said something about my interests... I also recalled my grandmother used to sing an old song "Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do..." and she called me Daisy on occasion... Daisy was taken already as a screen name so I added various words until I found one that wasn't taken, hence, beans. Since then, I use it any time I need a name. My real name is MaryAnn.

11. Green_Numb

Green_Numb In Flower

i had a hard time coming up with a name so i started thinking about gardening and you always hear "Green Thumb" but i didnt want to go there as its sometimes hit and miss with my projects and thats quite a bold name to take on when you dont always know what your doing..

i like the colour green a lot so i kept that and tried to think of stuff that rhymed with thumb and came up with "Numb" since it kinda represents my personality that is kind of laid back and i often dont get excited over little things that seem to irritate or stress others ive found so its like im numb to these things that get others worked up.

You guys can call me "Numb" or "GN" if you want which is a lot faster that typing the full name. :)

12. starface000

starface000 Seedling

Like others said of themselves, my name, Ashley, is boring, so I wouldn't use that. Starface000 has been my handle for about six years. I created it with aim, and starface was already taken, so I had to add zeros until I had an original name. I didn't want to add a regular number because i don't have any significant ones. Starface just had a ring to it that I liked.

13. NCcountrygal

NCcountrygal New Seed

I have used countrygal for a long time and is what I use on most websites that I need a name for, as well as the e-mail that I use most, country because I was raised and still live in the country and gal because many many years ago when I was a kid my dad always called me his gal, I was glad that it was available here.

14. Govig

Govig New Seed

I, like most people, needed to come up with a name that was unlikely to have been thought of by anyone else. I originally come from a very small place called Peel on the west coast of the Isle of Man.

The locals of Peel are called Govigs - therefore I chose govig :)

In case you are interested, the IOM isn't part of the UK and has its own government/currency etc. Its flag is:

[​IMG]
    Isle of Man flag ( photo / image / picture from Govig's Garden )

15. flowerbudfall

flowerbudfall New Seed

Well, I play a farm simulator on my Nintendo DS and one of the records you can unlock is called Flower bud fall. It's a catchy and upbeat little song. Kinda fits my personality too. Heheh. Did that sound lame?