How do you keep your brain fit?

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Ronni, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Thank you Melody,I like those word Search crossword, where you have to find the words and cross them out.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2023
    eileen likes this.
  2. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

The brain and the body are actually one whole package. So in my opinion, it's not fair to seeing them both as separately. Because one can clearly affect the other. Therefore both need to be kept fit, in order to get the desired long lasting benefits.

I can make this post longer, by explaining how physical workout helps the brain. As a healthy body means a healthy mind. And a fit and fully functioning mind results in a fit body. However this is a subject that'll deviate from the main focus of this thread. So I will not do that, as this is something anyone can today look up on the internet by themselves.

So what I'll tell everyone instead, is that I'm not a senior, as being born in the mid 70s, I'm only in the 4th decade of my life - But that said, I'm also not exactly a teenager anymore either... So what I now did recently, (just out of boredom), was to take on a new profession.

Therefore I looked around and realized what was the one skill that could benefit me the most? As this stage of life? I've already achieved everything I desired to, (as far as all my technical abilities go). Plus I'm now financially very well off too, and so living a comfortable life today.

It took a bit of exploring, but I eventually realized that the one skill, (profession), which could benefit me the most now. Was if I myself would become a lawyer. As in the last decade, majority of the money I unfortunately spent, was on lawyers. As I've faced and successfully defended almost 50 lawsuits!!!

So now I took it upon myself to studying law. And recently passed the Bar Council exam too. Because now that I think about it, this was one area of expertise - Which I hadn't realized, yet I needed it the most. Yes I was a scientist/engineer/inventor, but now I'm a lawyer as well. And studying this was completely unlike anything I had studied before in life.

So now I know how to protect myself legally as well. And also get to make trouble in the Court for people who I deeply loathe, (mostly relatives). That too, for free now, as I'm not going to pay anymore lawyers to do my work. Or even if I do, I'll at least be in the driving seat this time. So no lawyer would be able to take bribes from the other side, and then stab me in the back!

IMG_20230718_094932.jpg

Editing this post:
    I'm nothing special or extraordinary. You all can do it too. And it doesn't matter how old or young you are. If there is something you wanted to do once in life, but never could due to whatever reason - Go back to it now! And this time enjoy the process also, as now there is no pressure upon you. As you've already had one profession. You don't need to be a lawyer, it could be anything. Literally anything at all.

I hope I was able to inspire some of you to start exploring again. Trust me, you'll really enjoy the process! Specially now, when there is no more pressure on us to choose a profession and start earning quickly.

@Ronni Really proud of you that you're enjoying coding nowadays. Keep it up, as you never know what useful things you can create. Which nobody else will would have thought about.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2023
    eileen, Doghouse Riley and Pacnorwest like this.
  3. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Young Pine

I'm with Homer Simpson on the human brain.
    It has a finite capacity (he didn't actually use those words).
    But in order to remember something new, it has to forget something.

Sjoerd and eileen like this.