I need plant ideas for an island on my property

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by margie12u, Jan 22, 2010.

1. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Aww, the roses are so pretty.
    I think that bench is adorable with the little pots in there. With something pretty trailing out, it would be perfect. Only thing, you'd have to water those pots all the time -- is that easy to do on that island? For some reason, I am imagining that it's way far away ... I don't know why!

2. margie12u

margie12u In Flower

Flowers

You are right it is far away, but well worth the hard watering, My hose is just barely long enough. I have another little rose garden about 10ft. away from the island bed. So I water it by hand, What us garden stewies go through, But its worth every tired bone. I have so many ideas for this spring I just can't hardly wait. You all have been so helpful. My only problem is my hubby hates to mow around all the stuff, I think I will tell him I will mow the island this summer,That way he will stay happy to.

Margie

3. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Margie, I'm excited for you too and cant' wait to see what you do. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd say that, either.

4. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

Ditto! Margie be sure and take pictures. We are all getting so excited for you and your island garden. Keep us posted, OK? :stew1:

Advertisement