ID this plant? 6 foot tall with little spikes of flowers

Discussion in 'Plant ID' started by waretrop, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Mine are going crazy this year too!!! They have also spread OUT of the garden, THROUGH the garden and into the LAWN!! Can I retract my statement about them being easy to control? :D Wow, I have had these growing here for 5 years and they have really 'taken off' this year!

2. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

They can be easily controlled with some kind of barrier in the ground, for the runners are only a few inches underground. I would think it would be easy.

Kay and CrisGzr, So glad I could make you laugh today. I have to laugh at myself sometimes when I put the wrong things in my little gardens. :rolleyes: Such a silly me....

Barb in Pa.

3. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

Dear Barb, Yes, Thanks for the chuckle. You know I wasn't laughing at you, but with you ... ;)
    Who among us have not planted a sneaky invasive that we've had to keep tame?

4. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Well, I have even learned that even bee balm and octopus plant, as cute as they are, are very invasive. At least they are very very happy in my garden these last few years. :rolleyes:

Kay, You can laugh at me, with me, around me, and under me. These silly little invasive plants make me laugh. And we pay such good money for these things.

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Barb in Pa.

Advertisement
  5. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

When I had my very own first flower gardens, I had all sorts of friends that wanted to share plants with me. I readily accepted them...
    I laugh at myself when I remember those gifts, kind as they were, of Ditch Lilies, Russian Sage, Lemon Balm, Gooseneck Loosestrife, Yarrow, Vinca vine, Eggs and Butter, Bouncing Bet, to name a few. They were good and they were pretty; until they spread, spread, spread.
    All these years and experience later, I have tame flower beds. I would grow those wildy spready sorts of pretty plants if I had more room for them to do their thing.

6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I really wish I would have known how Chinese Lanterns spread when I planted them in the garden beside my front steps! Obedient plant too, and now the Plume Poppies. Oh, and did I mention the mint? :rolleyes: