Introduction from Suffolk

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by Sydney Smith, Nov 16, 2013.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

There's two parts to your garden. The folder(s) where you upload your photos like you're doing now in the "unsorted". You can create other folders if you'd like.
    The second part... getting them in "Sydney Smith's Garden". Plants are added there from the plant page.
    From the main site page. You'll notice tabs for "Forums" "Blogs" "Gardens" and "Plants". Click on "Plants". That will take you the plant database. From there you can search for plants... add info on plants, and upload photos for plants.
    This is where you will be able to add them to "your garden". Click on the plant's name/link. You'll see a place to "rate" this plant... and right under that, there's a link to "add this plant to your garden".
    Hope this helps!

Frank likes this.
  2. Sydney Smith

Sydney Smith In Flower

Hi. Many thanks to you two very kind folk for your help with this - wish I had a name other than a site name to refer to but I mean waretrop and cherylad - always feel so much happier not only with real names but also a pic of faces to know who I am talking to. However whatever thanks again - will follow your directions and unless I make another error my pics will finish up where intended. Apart from all that its great talking to you and do please remember my name - love to do it again. Regards and best wishes to you both. Syd

Hi. Having said that ref faces here's a pic of my ugly mug so that you all will know who (what) you are talking to looks like - took it today.

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from Sydney Smith's Garden )

3. Kiasmum

Kiasmum In Flower

Hello Syd,welcome to the Stew.I'm over in Wiltshire :D

There are a few pictures of some of us over in this thread:

http://www.gardenstew.com/about9606.html

Looking forward to reading about your experiences and seeing your pictures.

Having just seen your photo I have to say that I hope I look half as good as you when I'm nearly 80!!!! Gardening has obviously been good for you!

Karin

4. Sydney Smith

Sydney Smith In Flower

Hi Karin. How nice a name is. Great to meet you and thanks for the welcome. Look forward to perhaps have a natter ref gardens etc some time and exchange a few thoughts etc.
    I looked at the Faces topic you referred me to and was delighted to see 36 pages of it - I really do feel what I said - so nice to have a name and an idea of the person you are talking to although it is also pleasant otherwise. I will add my "mugshot" to it but choose another pic since I do look a bit grim in that one. Thanks again - will see you and have that natter - any time. Syd.

Advertisement
  5. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Syd, Look down at the bottom of every one of my posts and you will see my real name. That way everyone always knows. :-D

6. Sydney Smith

Sydney Smith In Flower

Hi. Do please forgive me - seems like a trip to the opticians is in order for myself - cannot see for looking I guess. I read Barb and thats got to be short for Barbara or am I still in error. Syd.

7. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

That is correct Syd....

8. Sydney Smith

Sydney Smith In Flower

Hi. Barbara it shall be or if you prefer jt Barb. Best wishes. Syd,

9. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Welcome to the Stew from the cold, wet northwestern coast of Norway. :D I'm glad you found us, and I look forward to stewing with you. :stew2: