Just joined? Announce yourself

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by Frank, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Welcome to GardenStew Denee. :D I just know you'll love it here. 8) Have you noticed that you can set up your own blog on thiese forums too? Plenty of interesting stuff to look at and please feel free to add anything you think we all might like to hear about.

2. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Welcome Denee to our lovely community here at GardenStew.com ! :D I bet you are excited about your move to LA ;) I hope your plants are excited as well :D

Great to have you here! I hope we all get to know you very soon.

3. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

Well, Im kind of sick of moving. We moving aboiut every two years. Hubby is now ex Navy so maybe we can settle. But its a new place which can be fun. And Im starting school in the spring of 2007 for horticulture and they have a great school there so I am looking forward to that!

4. eileen

Good luck with the new house and garden. We love to see photographs of 'before, middle and after' of new garden projects so if you can manage it that would be great!!! Your Horticultural studies sound as though they're going to be great!!! :D

Advertisement
  5. HGPgal

HGPgal New Seed

Mustang...

Hi Frank ~

I WISH I had a 1964.5 Mustang. It was a great year for convertibles and baby girls... :smt061

It has always been a dream to own a reconditioned one (or even a new one that looks retro). I'll have to make do with my wonderful white PT Cruiser Woody. It has lots of room for all my Home & Garden Party stuff!
    :smt023

Blessings,

6. HGPgal

HGPgal New Seed

Greetings from the Land of Lincoln!

Hello!

I must confess right off that I have a brown thumb. Not that I don't try and love the garden and veggies. I've got a lot going on.

Here's a little about me...

I was raised on Long Island, educated at U.C.S.D. & now reside in the Midwest with my three boys, 5, 9 & 45! (-;

I'm a WAHM with back problems & laundry is the bane of my existence. I'm sure that the neighbor sneaks in at night, deposits his clothes in my hampers & they mate with mine to create even more laundry. I know this to be true because there are soooo many odd socks; their mates haven't been born yet... Ha! :rofl:

I'm looking forward to "meeting" many of you!
    (And I wish I could hear your lovely accents!)

Blessings,

7. admirsj.kinson

admirsj.kinson New Seed

Hello

Hi all just signed up my name is Richard Kinson

I love gardening, married with 4 children and 7 grandchildren, at the last count l have got 9 allotments my other intrests are cricket, not got time for much else

8. Frank

Nice of you to join us Richard :wave: I'm sure you will have a great time here at GardenStew, we are a very friendly bunch.

I don't know very much about cricket, I'm sorry. But I'm sure someone will come along who does :D

Enjoy the site!

9. eileen

Hello Richard. It's great to have you here with us at GardenStew. Pull up a chair, make yourself comfortable and get to know us. :D

10. shavo

shavo New Seed

hey folks.i am 18 yrs old.looking forward to learning a bit

11. eileen

Shavvo hello!! :D
    Nice to have you here with us. It's a great place to learn and also just have a chat and a bit of fun. Hope you are finding your way around GardenStew OK.

12. i love bugs

i love bugs The Weatherman of Craggy Island

hello

Hi Richard , the greatest sport in the world is hurling, Im irish 8) however cricket is a close second :D .I worked for twenty years as a cricket groundsman and thouroughly enjoyed it. I still love the game and enjoy watching it . what about the last test England v Austrailia ? it could not get any better than that. My best wicket had 850 runs scored in one day in an interprovincial final. Welcome Bugs

13. Frank

Welcome to GardenStew Shavo :wave: Hope you find all that you need on this site!

14. mayfield

mayfield New Seed

Hi everyone. First post for me. Was told about the site by Bluebells. Nice to see some familiar names/faces who will know that I am a real amateur gardener but keen to learn. My user name should mean something to one person in particular and aka Lorna should have a meaning to some other members.

15. bluebells

bluebells Seedling

HI Lorna so glad you found your way over nice site you will like it i know Love Bluebell.