Just joined? Announce yourself

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by Frank, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Welcome Joanne :smt041

I too was very impressed with your "Computers- how to clean house" topic! I was taken aback actually. And I think I know a lot about computers :D

Spring is showing at last and what a welcome sight it is. We are getting ready for our first 'real' Spring here at GardenStew. We were around for last Spring but as we were new there was not half as many members as there is now. It should be a LOT of fun to see photos from member's garden and exclamations of joy when blooms appear :D

Again welcome!

2. jubabe296

jubabe296 Official Garden Fairy

Introducing myself

Hi everyone I'm Julie,38 from Texas USA. This site is wonderful. I hope to learn alot of garden stuff and to make great friends! :smt026

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

[​IMG] Julie and welcome to GardenStew!!!

Why not tell us a bit more about yourself, you know, things like....are you married? Do you have kids? Do you have pets? What size is your garden? Are you as mad and nosey as me?!!! :D :D

Hope you make your stay with us a loooooooooong one.

4. jubabe296

introducing myself

ok eileen now i get to brag a little ;) :D I am married to the most amazing man, and i have 3 wonderful boys (21,16 and 14).My eldest son has moved away from home :cry: I homeschool my 16 and 14 year olds. We have a house full of pets, who by the way or our children too. 2 chocolate labs(male and female),1 black lab(male),4 cats(2 male and 2 female)1 green-cheeked amazon parrot and 1 blue and gold macaw. Yes our home is a bit crazy at times :eek:
    Our 21year old's girlfriend is having our grandbaby in Sept. and we are so excited!My life is great!

My garden covers our entire front yard.We have made a few new beds this year and are anxious to see how they turn out.We also have a vegetable garden.We love fresh produce.We live on 2 acres in the country so we have lots of planting room, and running room for the boys and dogs :D

My hobbies are gardening (of course) scrapbooking, reading and my family.My youngest son is on the baseball team so I'm trying to learn more about the sport.

Well I hope I didn't bore everyone too much :D This site is great and i look so forward to spending alot of time here :smt026

Advertisement
  5. Frank

Hi Julie :wave: "The Eccentric Gnome" welcomes you to GardenStew.com (see the title beside my profile picture :D) You are the second "J" to join us in the space of a few days. Joanne (jnnwyman) is also from Texas. Do you two know each other by any chance?

I think our community is just what you are looking for. We are a great bunch of people and have a lot of fun. Oh I've just noticed you have started a blog... great! I'm off to read it now :smt023

Looking forward to getting to know more about you Julie ;) Take care.

6. eileen

Thanks Julie for the info about yourself. :) I too have three children 2 boys and a girl. Duncan is 34 in June, David is 27 and Laura is 23!! I don't have any grandchildren but I'm quite happy having my husband, Ian, to myself nowadays. We can, finally, spend time doing what we want to do!!

Until a couple of years ago I had a yellow lab called Blue. They're wonderful dogs aren't they and are definately one of the family. :D I still miss him. :(

I'd love to see photographs of your pets and kids and, of course, your garden. I only have 1/3 of an acre which I feel is more than enough to cope with as I have two false knees but I do envy you all that space!!

Now I'm off to have a look at your blog too - told you I was nosey!!! :D :D

7. jubabe296

Thanks for the welcome Gardenstew. No I don't know Joanne, but look forword to getting to. Hope you enjoy my blog, yours is great. I look forword to having alot of fun with my new friends!

8. jubabe296

Eileen, thanks very much for the welcome also. I think it's neat also that you have a David too! (LOL!)I'm sorry to hear about Blue, it is so hard when you lose a wonderful friend. Labs are so enjoyable, and grab your heart strings for sure! I need to get photos on here I will add some soon!

9. catkins

catkins Seedling

Hi everyone, im cath.I have been looking for a gardening forum for a while now, but this one looks just what i need.I love spending time in the garden and love all wildlife,im sure i will have lots of questions. thanks :D

10. Frank

Hiya Cath and a very BIG welcome to our community here at GardenStew :wave: We all love discussing gardening and wildlife here so you will feel right at home! We are also one of the youngest gardening forums out there so it is an exciting place to hang out. I recommend that apart from the forums you check out our member blogsand the calendar. Lots of fun stuff to discover :p

Hope to get to know you better soon!

11. catkins

catkins Seedling

Thanks for a lovely welcome. :)

12. eileen

Hi there Cath,

[​IMG]

and I hope you're going to be a new friend to everyone here at GardenStew. :D

13. Frank

Awww Eileen! :D

14. catkins

catkins Seedling

wow eileen, thank-you!!

15. Kimberly

Kimberly Seedling

Hello All....

I am a newbie here and to gardening!!! My name is Kimberly and I'm 33 and live in New Hampshire and I am already learning how addictive gardening can be!!!! I can't wait to get to know some of you and learn some great gardening tips!!!! :D