Just joined? Announce yourself

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by Frank, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iris

iris New Seed

Hey guys, my name is Iris, and I just joined. Y'all seem like a great bunch. I'm 27, and live in the southern US. We have lovely weather for gardening all year. I'm married and have an eight year old son, and we grow mostly herbs and veggies. Well, talk to you all later.

2. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hello Iris. :D

It's really great to have you here at GardenStew. It's a great site for making friends and I'm sure you're going to fit in just fine. 8)

3. catkins

catkins Seedling

Hi everyone who has just joined.
    why is that now ive joined a great forum, i dont seem to have time? :x

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Howdy Iris, pleased to have you along! :smt039 We have a lot of fun here. A bit too much fun sometimes :D Nice to hear you have great gardening weather all year long, I can hear the screams of jealousy coming from our Irish and Scottish members :D

Advertisement
  5. contrareeone

contrareeone New Seed

Just joined, looking forward to learning from all of you. Also aiming to use the blog feature to track my work here in my yard. (a blank slate, waiting for gardens!)
    I'm in the US, WA state specifically. We grow moss really well up here! :)

I'm involved witha new frugal gardening site, which is a good mix......I'm really cheap & I love to garden. I've only been at my new place 5 months, the previous owners must have hated gardening, there isn't much here to work with.

I've got a cup of tea, I'm heading off to explore the site.

Sue
    WA state
    www.frugalgardening.com

6. Frank

Hiya Sue :smt039, welcome into the great bunch of crazy garden-heads here at GardenStew :smt040 Glad you will be using the blog feature, you will find it amazingly useful I can promise that :)

Looking forward to your company, your blog and piccies of your WA moss!

7. eileen

Hiya Sue,

Just wanted to say [​IMG] and it's lovely to have you here with us at GardenStew. Just know you're going to love it here as much as we all do. :D Why not add your birthday and other important dates to our calendar and join us on the members map.

8. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

Salutations!

Thought I ought to say hello here - I openly admit I only have limited time to be posting here, but I really enjoy what you have going.

I'm a part of a charity community garden here in Oregon, learning to care for an acre that we moved to last year, seeking to reverse the neglect it had and loving the established plants I have found underneath the weeds. I am the librarian for a private Christian school (nice to be there for my 3 kids) and I sometimes dabble in art. My favored themes are gardens, poetry and Tolkien (I admin an active LOTR site with creative writing).

I am very pleased to meet all of you!

9. Frank

Hi Primsong :smt039 , welcome to our blooming community! I love your name, where did you get it from? You must provide us with a link to your LOTR site so we can check it out :D

Must dash now but I just wanted to pop in and welcome you. I hope you find some time in the future to post here ;)

10. eileen

Primsong lovely to have you aboard!!! What type of art do you dabble in? I do pen and ink sketches, watercolour, pastel and oil paintings - when I have the time. :D

Tolkien is a favourite of mine too. Loved the LOTR trilogy - books and films. :smt026

Looking forward to getting to know you. :)

11. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

Thank you for the warm welcome! I paint with acrylics and watercolor and am playing around with illuminations - after seeing some illuminated manuscripts from the middle ages, I just had to try it. :D I mainly lack time, rather than interest.

Always nice to meet more Tolkien fans! My site is the new home for the Official LOTR Fanclub - we moved to our own boards when the original host company became too commercial and unstable for our community (we're those mysterious people you see go by on the credits of the dvds). It's family friendly and I maintain an extensive archiving site, the LOTRScrapbook of all the creative writings, poetry, essays, etc. that have come from our people over the past four+ years.

My name came from being Primula in the LOTR fan community (the name of Frodo's mother), and being inclined towards poetry and music as well as flowers it became Primsong elsewhere.

:smt045

12. cindyoh

cindyoh New Seed

Hello all

I'm in Dayton, OH, enjoying my second-favorite time of year watching all the green stuff emerge and enjoying the rain, till it will suddenly switch to my least favorite time, ha-ha (just don't like that hot summer weather with no rain, I should be living up in Canada). Anyway, glad to join and read all the good advice I know you guys have to share and hope to see some Ohio folks here.

13. Frank

Hi Cindy, welcome to the gardening madhouse :smt039 Lots of great people here so feel free to jump right into any of our topics :smt023

I'm actually in agreement with you about the hot summers. I lived for a year and a half in Malta and in the Summer I was praying for the littlest raincloud to appear! I guess I'm just more of a damp weather type (I'm Irish by the way :D)

Don't forget to read our fantastic member blogsand add your significant events (e.g. birthday) to our calendar8)

14. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

Many welcomes, Cindyoh from another newbie - good to have you here! :smt039

15. eileen

:wave: there Cindy. Lovely to have you here with us. I agree about hot summers - much too draining. (Mind you we don't get many here in Scotland :D :D)

I think spring is my favourite season as that's when everything comes alive again in the garden. :D

Hoping to get to know you better real soon.