Meet Dilemma

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by marlingardener, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Mum is keeping a protective eye on him,..he looks to be eating very well.

2. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

He is lovely! I would have a terrible dilemma if I had cattle, since I would never be able to send them to the butcher or the cattle auction which turns out the same.

If you can tame him, that is probably a good idea. I would not want to be on the wrong end of a bull's horns.

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Longhorns are very mellow--they aren't interested in much except eating and making little longhorns. They are approachable if they are exposed to humans while young. Dilemma is still shy--his mama doesn't want him consorting with strangers!
    We don't have cattle, since we would end up with a herd of geriatric steers. We are the proud owners of some old hens, and our cat is going on 14 years. Our neighbor, who does farm and has cattle, thinks we are running a rest home for old animals. Well, maybe we are!

Philip Nulty likes this.
  4. mart

mart Strong Ash

You don`t have cattle ? Maybe I need to clean my glasses, I could have sworn those pics are a cow and calf. :-D

Advertisement
  5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Mart, your glasses are as clean as can be. Reba and Dilemma are staying in the pasture next to us--loaner cattle, if you will.

6. mart

mart Strong Ash

Oh !Thought they were yours.

7. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Well, we are bonding. Reba now lets us come to the fence and feed her leavings from the garden (she seems to be especially fond of broccoli leaves) and Dilemma will stand off a few feet and watch the proceedings.
    Heaven help us, we are considering cross-fencing the pasture and inviting Dilemma and a nice little longhorn heifer to come live with us. My husband is not too enthusiastic about the idea, but I'm winning him over. He is practical, I'm a push-over for anything with four feet.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  8. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Jane,..i was looking at a film yesterday and you came to mind,..forget the name of the film but James Steward and Maureen O' Hara were cross breeding a Longhorn with an English Whitefaced Bull,..great film,..amazing what reminds us of some people :rolleyes: :D :D