My Garden,..and Beyond.

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Philip Nulty, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Carolyn,
    its starts gradual then suddenly you notice the lack of blooms and then your hoping for next spring.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  2. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Peacocks are so cool, I would love to have one if they weren't so noisy and sometimes destructive. I had a friend who had one show up at her house so they allowed it to eat with their birds, when it did damage to the neighbors car they got to pay for the damage :-? and the bird wasn't even theirs, but since they had fed, it the court ordered them to pay the damage. The noise is the worst thing though. They rank right up there with those guinea hens. wow, I had a few of those I raised from keets once, I didn't keep them long after they matured. They perched in the trees and on the house, patrolled the property and screamed nonstop when something was out of place or new. :eek:

3. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Lol,..i lived next to people who had Guinea Hens,..i am just reminded how noisy they were,..someone else had Peacocks and Hens,..yep they screeched like mad,..we didn't mind though as the beauty of them made up for the noise,..luckily they didn't do as your friends found,..no damage thankfully.

4. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Advertisement
  5. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

A friend moved from the city to the countryside,..started a garden from scratch,..this Photo Story shows the garden at different seasons and stages.

Some of the pictures i had to enlarge therefore lost some clarity.

Elizabeth's "Ash Garden"

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from Philip Nulty's Garden )

6. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Philip, I was wondering if the great big red honker pick up truck was your rental for the time you spent in Indianapolis...cause if it was I think I saw it from over here.LOL

The orchids were beautiful, I assume they were in the butterfly house?

Elizabeths garden is also very pretty. Where is this at? Close to you or another country? The sunset was was so vivid. Thanks for sharing.

7. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Carolyn,
    that "boy Truck" as i describe them is owned by the ex husband of a friend,..the four tyres/tires cost the price of a car,..trucks like that and the wearers of big belt buckles seem to have the same strange personalities,..lol.

The Orchids were indeed in the butterfly house,..it was my first time in one,..fascinating with those butterflies hovering about.

Elizabeth's garden is here in Ireland,..down South in County Cork.

8. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

I spent about six years living in the area of the pictures shown in this Photo Story,..the very last picture is about half a mile from the house i would stay in,..most pictures are captured in the Donegal area and Galway,..all West Coast.

Irelands West Coast----Video.

[​IMG]

Bernieh likes this.
  9. Bernieh

Bernieh In Flower

That's a brilliant video of Ireland's west coast. Fantastic vistas! I know my husband and I so enjoyed the little bit of the west coast we got to see when we visited Ireland a few years back. That part of the country has a rugged beauty all its own.

10. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Bernieh,
    glad you enjoyed your trip to the west coast,..it certainly is rugged,..but beautiful!,..far nicer than where i was born,..on the east coast,..it has its own beauty but with more flatter landscapes,..i have to admit i love the west coast.

11. Bernieh

Bernieh In Flower

We were lucky enough to see around the Dingle Peninsula and then went up to Liscannor, which is where my husband's ancestors came from. I remember the Dingle Peninsula ... absolutely stunning everywhere we went ... and all around Liscannor out to the Cliffs of Moher was just beautiful country. We'll have to get back there soon!

12. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Its beautiful around the Dingle Peninsula,..Liscannor and the Cliffs of Moher,..you were certainly in the right area for scenery at every bend you went around,..if i have enough pictures i will cover the Dingle area in a Photo Story,...soon!.

13. Bernieh

Bernieh In Flower

I will look forward to that Philip!

14. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

From spring 2011 up to July 2011 i took pictures of a friends garden,..as mentioned on the YouTube video Dave's garden is next to the canal and also about 100 yards from the river so he is never short of water or wildlife.

Video===Daves Garden.

[​IMG]

15. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

They are such pretty flowers there in Daves garden. It makes me anticipate the coming spring here. this winter has been so mild that there was no ice for skating....maybe the flowers will pop as pretty as daves are. Thanks for sharing.