My Garden,..and Beyond.

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Philip Nulty, Nov 28, 2010.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Thank you for the lovely photos! Being a real fool for animals, I especially enjoyed seeing your kittens and dogs, and am envious of your roses! You have a lovely garden in a lovely setting, and have obviously made the most of it.

2. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Thank you from me!,..if you enjoyed the pets then the most of them are in the following Photo Story,..some shots were non digital,..the big Grey Cat is a Feral Tom,..who looked after the kittens when mom went walkabout.

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from Philip Nulty's Garden )

Last edited: May 1, 2016
    waretrop and SongofJoy57 like this.
  3. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Wonderful photo journals :) They all have fantastic pictures of your world, what a lovely green place you live in. It is fun seeing spring and summer this time of year.

Will have to check back and enjoy them again. Love the story of the feral tom watching out for his kittens.

4. Zinnia

Zinnia Seedling

Do you have an extra room? I wanna come visit!lol!Tom doesn't look very excited! But cute that he is babysitting. I think it was the pic of the water with the reflections of the clouds that got me the most oh, and the cottage garden. You are so lucky to have such beautiful sights to see everyday and nice furry friends to share them with.

Advertisement
  5. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

After I watched the first show, I filled my coffee cup and settled in. I feel like I've gone on a trip. Thank you, Phillip, those were a real treat. I enjoyed each one so much, images and music. I'm now a big fan of Hudson and wish you many more happy years together. She is so dear, always looking to see if you are coming along. Beautiful gardens and scenery too. I love seeing how things look in other places.

6. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Jewell,..Zinnia,..Daisybeans,..i am over the moon with your compliments,..and enjoying them as much as you are with the Photo Stories and Video's.

Jewell,
    It is strange me showing Summer and Spring pictures,..i should have joined this forum earlier, :D ,..but you will all have some colour to see this winter from Ireland,..and some other places.

Zinnia,
    ...lol,...do i have an extra room!,..its just me here,..plus all the pets,..they allow me to stay, :rolleyes: .

DaisyBeans,
    ah so Hudson has captured you, :),and you did notice she keeps looking back to see what i am about,..others have spotted this from the pictures,..top marks to you.

Here is the Feral Tom,..better known as "Wild Thing",..turn up your sound and listen to him!,..no toying with him,...."yet".

Video

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  7. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Frank and Cayuga Morning like this.
  8. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Oh my gosh, bless his heart! He sure is a wild thing, isn't he? Amazing that he let you get so close. Once you spoke to him, he seemed to know you weren't going to hurt him... Then again, maybe not...I just watched it again...

Great pictures of him. My brown tabby Austin, is the tame version of Wild Thing.

9. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

After three months talking quietly to "Wild Thing",..and feeding him at arms length,he became sort of friendly, :rolleyes:

10. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

He's come a long way, Philip. I don't blame you for being cautious though. Cat bites can be really serious. Does he interact with the dogs and domesticated cats?

11. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Lovely.
    That feral cat sure looks wild. However, you seem to have built up a rapport with her. Good going.
    I too am a sucker for animals.
    16 years is a long time in doggie years. Enjoy every moment of it.
    Your roses look soo healthy. :stew1:

12. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

MaryAnn,
    "Wild Thing" was very good with all of my other cats,..and really looked after all of the kittens,..he never took to the dogs,..he would attack first.

Palm Tree,
    lol,..another sucker for animals,..people who like gardening tend to love animals,..though the mix of pets and plants can be a disaster.

13. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Frigliana,...is a small Spanish Village built on a very steep hillside,if you love gardens and blooms,..this is the Village to see,..very picturesque.

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from Philip Nulty's Garden )

SongofJoy57 likes this.
  14. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Indeed
    Especially if the pets believe they are also doing gardening.
    I got a small Maltese poodle who believes he must protect me from lizards and geckos.
    And a German Shepherd who loves garlic to the point where I simply cannot even grow them anymore since she believes that she must eat them. :)

15. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

And they just love making a bed within a flower pot,..my poor "Begonia", :rolleyes: .

[​IMG]
    Ginger Beer and Ginger Ale. ( photo / image / picture from Philip Nulty's Garden )

waretrop and SongofJoy57 like this.