New mains water supply.

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Doghouse Riley, May 14, 2024.

1. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Young Pine

The "Water Main Saga" is nearing its close.
    A wagon turned up at 9.00am this morning with some tarmac and two workmen filled in over the hardcore and "wackered it."
    It sure was a very big hole.
    Half an hour after they left another wagon turned up and collected the barriers, cones and several warning signs and did a bit of sweeping.
    I got my garden vac out and blew the rest of the residual debris into the gutter.

The "mystical yellow signs" on the pathway, will eventually wear away.

Edit.

Had a phone call from United Utilities this afternoon, checking to see if the work done to replace the water meter had been completed to my satisfaction.
    I used the opportunity to say, "Well, as you're asking."

[​IMG]

All I want now is a response from the chief executive to the letter I sent to her which she will have received yesterday, in which I thanked her for having adequate water pressure restored and..

"What about the £1080 I shelled out for a new water pipe, which I wouldn't have needed if you'd got the installation of the water meter right in the first place?"

"I live in hope, but with few expectations."

Last edited: Jul 10, 2024
    Daniel W, Nate77 and Pacnorwest like this.
  2. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

DHR. And the beat goes on……

Doghouse Riley and Nate77 like this.
  3. Doghouse Riley

Phone call from United Utilities today. I will be receiving £1080, what I paid for my new 25mm supply pipe.

Daniel W, Nate77 and Pacnorwest like this.
  4. Nate77

Nate77 New Seed

That is awesome!!!!!!

Advertisement
  5. Doghouse Riley

It pays to send recorded delivery letters to chief executives when you feel you have a legitimate complaint, when often, "complaints" departments try to fob you off.

While all this was going on, my wife showed me an advert in "Woman" magazine for a product in Boots the chemists. When I went in to buy it for her, I was told the offer had expired.
    There was nothing about an expiry date on the advertisement. Their complaints department said, "They'd look into it." But hadn't after two weeks.
    So "a letter," went in.

A few days later I got a reply from the C O's assistant with an apology and a Boots card with £25 on it.