No idea! :(

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by Ronni, Feb 9, 2015.

1. GinnyC

GinnyC Seedling

They are a beautiful color! For some reason dark purple tulips, like the ones you have there, were the only tulips that lasted without getting eaten in my old garden. Deer would devour all the others but the purple. I would throw them in the ground too, doesn't hurt to try. I was wondering if they give you some kind of food or fertilizer to put in the water?

2. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

No, nothing. Some very simple instructions about keeping the water to a designated level around the bulbs, but that's it. I followed the few instructions because I genuinely had no clue what I was dealing with!

3. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

They are gorgeous Ronni....I have never had any luck planting bulbs that were forced. Maybe it was because we had to wait so long because in Wisconsin our ground is frozen... Good luck with them and I think it would be worth the trouble of planting them outdoors just to see if you could get them to bloom again...:like:

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Ronni those are just beautiful. I really like the colour and hope they go on to flower for you in years to come.

Advertisement