Ok Raise Your Hands-Who Has Plants On Order & From Where!!

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by hummerbum, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Danjensen

Danjensen In Flower

i need to get my bulb order in whilst the sale is still on at veseys.

toni, do you get good results with the crocosmia bulbs? as i'm tempted to get some more.

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I had some out back a few years ago, they put up green leaves and then something dug them up so I don't know what good results are :rolleyes:
    But I have seen them growing in other gardens in our area so I am hopeful.

3. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

I know more people have plants on hold!!! We can't be the only ones who have ordered....LOL
    Come people let us know!!!!

4. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

I have a list of stuff I wanted to order... BUT... company accountant screwed up my taxes. So, instead of my usual little tax return... I have to pay for the first time in my life. So... no "extra" money for my Spring order. :(

Advertisement
  5. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

I'm sorry Cheryl..well look at it like this...your hubby wont get mad at you for spending your entire refund this year on plants. ;)
    But it does bite the big one that you have to pay!!!! I've been paying for 4 years now...kids are grown

6. cherylad

Hummer... I've still got my little flower cash stash... so I'll still be getting some stuff... just not as much as I wanted. :stew2:

7. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Reading all your posts on what you have ordered and intend ordering,..i feel that rush of wanting to join in and order something,..alas i have no room for anything more as most of my plants have multiplied and i have cuttings coming along,..finding a spot for the new arrivals is difficult plus i have some seeds coming from a trade,..that will fill me up completely,..though i could squeeze some things closer,..then move others around, :rolleyes: .

8. calinromania

calinromania Young Pine

I finally bit my nails and placed an order with MANY other gardeners on the ROmanian forum. For Clematis.
    I'll be getting 3 new ones (from a grower in Poland).
    I got only 2-3 kinds of Clematis and the more the better.

9. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Since I grow to sell, my list would fill this page :eek: . I ordered from Grimes Hort. (a commercial supplier) near Cleveland Ohio and also a small order from Stokes comm. catalog. I already have my geraniums started, Ivy geraniums have been planted for about a month, Forth of July, ultra pink, early goliath, celebrity and a sunny goliath are up and growing for the high tunnel, peppers for the high tunnel are started, wave petunias are up (about 500) and transplanted, cherry falls tomatoes(new variety for me) are up and about ready for the baskets. going to start ptilious joey?, today.

10. cherylad

Carolyn... I had one of the Ptilotus Joey's. Very pretty thing. Either it didn't like our climate, or I didn't take care of it properly because it only lasted a month or two. :'(

11. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

I haven't grown them before, but I liked the looks of them, so bought some seeds at the end of last year(off the clearance rack at the Amish seed supply place), so I'll see how hard they are to start/grow. Or if they even germinate since they are last years stock.

12. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    I'm in the same boat as Philip. I have things potted up with no place to put them and perennials I need to move and/or divide. Any helping hands out there want some cast-offs. ;)

Hopefully I haven't smother my Barlow columbine seedlings with mulch and will see them this spring. Think I will keep an eye out here for photos of what all you post. :stew1: you all are my inspiration when I go traipsing around the local nursery.

13. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

Calin: Couldn't stand it could you!!! LOL :D

Aw come on Philip! One more won't hurt!! :D

moderator's note: removed double posting see point 3.6 of usage rules

14. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Lol,..i could be tempted to buy a plant of some kind,..but as i mentioned i have a very full garden,..just look at how full in the link below.

Blooms 2011.

Today i counted over 50 potted plants,..and rose bush cuttings,.. ready for giving away,..because i have nearly every foot of space either filled or booked for seedlings coming along,..Delphiniums,..Hollyhocks,..Gaillardia,..Cleome,..Larkspur,..Lupin,..Cornflower,..Aster,..i have started to grow plants at a higher level than the garden just to keep some plants,..but in time i will run out of that space as well, :rolleyes:

Henry Johnson, Donna S and sewNsow like this.
  15. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Love it. Thanks Philip.