Plant Stands

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Philip Nulty, Oct 14, 2011.

1. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

I like the shelf on bottom ;) Wish I had something like that for my geraniums! I am jealous of those big pots :D I like groups of terra cotta pots for some reason :shrug: They seem so "natural" or something. Maybe it's because they never go out of style

2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Philip...
    I do like the shelf on the bottom. As far as positioning your pots. Those two big one's must be pretty heavy and I can understand why you placed them on the stands. However.... I'm wondering, if you placed some sort of bottom support for the middle of the shelf, the big pots could then be placed down there, between the stands. And then, if there's enough lighting and space, you could put a plant under each stand... and then a couple of other plants on top.
    Something like this. Sorry about the quality... but maybe it will give you an idea of what I'm trying to say.

[​IMG]
    proposal ( photo / image / picture from cherylad's Garden )

3. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Deanna,
    i agree with you about the terracotta flowerpots seeming natural,..it could be that you are aware they are solid and not plastic,..or that they are how flowerpots were of old and as flowerpots should be.

------------------------------------------------------

Hi Cheryl,
    great example as to how the stands and flowerpots should be.

I did place the two big flowerpots on the bottom,..and the smaller ones up top then became aware that there is another big flowerpot to come,..similar to the big fat one already shown,..so it looks like i will have at least one big flowerpot on top,..or,..buy another stand,..the latter might be for the best plus i have a spot for it in the hallway.

The two big flowerpots look far better on the bottom than on the top and i will add a support to take the weight,..i will also be thinking "cats",..as with all that soil in a big flowerpot its an invitation to a cat, :rolleyes: ,..some netting wire neatly stretched around the plant might do,..oh all this is for the taking indoors of 5 Brugmansia.

4. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Sounds like someone needs a greenhouse.
    :-D

Advertisement
  5. calinromania

calinromania Young Pine

WOW. Nice stands, nice pots, nice moving around...
    COOL!

6. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Now just where would i place a greenhouse?,..that's just what i was thinking this evening as i stood looking out into the garden,..thanks Cheryl, :rolleyes: :) .