Ponderosa lemons

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by Gizmo, Jun 20, 2006.

1. flowie

flowie Seedling

mmmmmmm orange and cinnamon.... yummy....

yea ill leave em on a bit longer... well see what happens.. maybe ill get lucky.

2. jaw444

jaw444 New Seed

green lemons

I have a lemon tree that is about 8 or more years old. For several years, it has had large yellow lemons, always with seeds in them, good flavor.

Now, for the past month or two, i have lots of green lemons that are not turning yellow. i had just one yellow lemon a week ago that had been there for a long time because i haven't been using them. All the rest were green. I went to pick the yellow one a few days ago only to find it had disappeared. I think my neighbor may have taken it, which would be OK if i had more yellow ones, but i only have green and they've been there for a long time, it seems like they are not changing to yellow.

Does anyone know anything about this, why a lemon tree would stop making yellow lemons when it's many years old and always made yellow ones before?
    Could it have to do with not enoug water? I've been watering almost every day since it started getting hot, but wasn't watering much before that. Could it be too much water? Is there anything i can do to help the lemons to turn yellow?

thanks

3. flowie

flowie Seedling

This is my problem too.. but my tree isnt that old and i havent seen a yellow lemon on it since i got it. :(