Porch sittin'

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Ronni, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I like the idea of bright colors...and you have done a great job so far...you don't need help, you can teach some of us. I always wanted a covered porch but we have never had one...so enjoy ! and keep sharing photos.

2. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

The porch is coming along!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Beautiful!

4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Everything looks so lovely. You guys will really enjoy being back there on that porch.

Did you tell me that that is a Mandeville there by the porch support? It is awfully attractive.

Advertisement
  5. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

It's a bower plant Sjoerd. It was labeled a perennial for this zone, but I'm pretty sure someone here told me nope...given out winter temps, it will just be an annual. :( Oh well, we will enjoy it while it blooms and then I'll look for something else more permanent next season.

It sure is pretty, you're right about that!

6. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Went to Ed's for dinner last night, ate it out on the porch. Lovely. Started talking about needing a rug for the area under the coffee table out there, so we jumped in the car and went to Big Lots, because I'd seem some indoor/outdoor rugs there that I really liked. We laid it out last night too, but it was evening by the time we laid it down so I couldn't get decent photos. Ed's gonna take some today and if any of them are decent (he doesn't have the greatest cell phone camera) I'll post them.

Tooty2shoes and Sjoerd like this.
  7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Looking forward to seeing that rug.

8. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Ed actually got a decent photo of the rug.....not the angle I would have taken it from, but he tried, sweet man that he is. :heart: I love the way it looks!
    [​IMG]

And it's indoor/outdoor so even if rain blows in on it, it's going to be fine. And when it starts getting cold and the season's over, we can just roll it up till next Spring!

Tooty2shoes and Sjoerd like this.
  9. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

That is an attractive - looking rug. It reminds me of a certain type of cloth one can buy in the streets of Cairo in Egypt. Very nice choice and a good foto showing it off. --Well done, both.

Ronni likes this.
  10. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

Your porch is looking so nice and also very comfortable. Your definitely giving me ideas on how to make mine look nicer.

Ronni likes this.
  11. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Ronni I can hardly believe just how lovely your patio looks now compared to how it was. That rug pulls everything together and makes the whole area look so homely and cosy. I'd love to sit out there with you and set the world to rights over a cuppa.:)

Ronni and Sjoerd like this.
  12. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I must say Ronni--that last foto of yours really is stunning.
    I am just thinking of how the porch now looks compared with the first images that you showed. It is a dramatic and remarkable change (to copy Eileen's comment). I guess that I have to recognize the reality of the oft used term---"a woman's touch" here. You and your partner have done a respectable job here. Chapeau.

Ronni likes this.
  13. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Thanks guys. It's coming together well. I'd like to paint the old wood chairs that are scattered around...you can see one beyond the table in the rug picture above...something bright, a yellow or red perhaps. It's really funny, because nothing actually matches on the porch, in terms of sets of things I mean. I've always gone for a patio set as the sort of beginning bones of decorating a porch, and then built on that.

This one though, there wasn't any one thing that matched anything else, and everything out there is a castoff from something and it's all old. The glider was Ed's grandma's, one of the chairs was hers, another was his Mom's, the white table was something he got used when he was younger and it's been painted a few times.

Anyway, I just tried to pull everything together with color rather than pieces, and so far at least it's working. I really appreciate the feedback. Thanks. :heart:

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  14. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Ronni that is my type of decor. Love the rug. Colorful things are so much fun. Someday I want to own a lime green or dark purple car. :nerdy:

15. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Woohoo!!! Ed went to Home Depot yesterday and picked up some spray paint. He got bright yellow, bright green and bright red! Gonna have a painting party and paint those old, beat up wood chairs in some upbeat, fun colors!!

I told him he'd better watch out....next thing he knows, I'll be attacking the inside of the house with happy hues! ;)

........he has much a more conservative taste in colors than I do, so he's being a real trooper in being so agreeable with the riotous color on the porch, bless him! :heart: