Six more weeks of w%&*$#@r

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Jerry Sullivan, Feb 2, 2022.

1. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

The BEST thing about winter is NO SNAKES! (Anyone who knows me know that I have been bitten by copperheads twice, and I nearly died the second time. I really do not like snakes. I tolerate non-venomous snakes at a respectable distance--the farther away the better, but I will not tolerate any venomous snakes in my yard.)

Droopy and Dirtmechanic like this.
  2. Dirtmechanic

Dirtmechanic Young Pine

I have this problem from time to time with copperheads. Why they get into my neighbors garden and try to sneak to my house is unknown. Maybe its only during dry years.

AAnightowl likes this.
  3. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

I sure hope you never get bitten dirtmechanic, it is about 3 days of excruciating pain, and even after it can be painful.

Dirtmechanic likes this.
  4. Dirtmechanic

Dirtmechanic Young Pine

Me Too!

AAnightowl likes this.

Advertisement
  5. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

That all sounds so lovely. Thank you for sharing that. Dandilions are my first little flower to pop out in town, along the warm sidewalk cracks and buildings. I will eventually get snow drops, mountain bells, day lillies, irises, dafs, and sedum. Eventually. hahaha My flowers are a few weeks later than the nearest town's.

Your wolf sounds beautiful. The ones I've seen here are grey or black it seems, with yellow eyes. I was listening to them again this morning, but I am glad they are not as close as yours was. I have experienced a pack at the house once, and once was enough for me.:whistling: They normally avoid people, but we have to be cautious of our dogs and any livestock. I remind myself that I live in their back yard, they don't live in mine - so we are mindful. Right now I only walk my dog closer to the house rather than out along the creek and trails. Once spring comes and the moose and deer move back up to the mountains, they will follow.

Thank you for sharing your spring with me :flower::stew1:

AAnightowl and Droopy like this.