Stairlift.

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Doghouse Riley, Jun 18, 2024.

1. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Young Pine

The replacement for the broken mirror received on Monday arrived this afternoon.
    So "stairlift corner is now complete." The wood of the mirror frame matches that of the shoe cupboard. Not a bad looking mirror for sixty quid.
    John Lewis didn't want the broken one back, they said bin it. I saved the wooden frame, as it's a nice piece of oak. I don't know what I'll do with it, probably in a few weeks, put that in the bin too.

[​IMG]

We needed somewhere to put the wheely bin collection calendar. Previously I'd stuck it on the old full length mirror. I found this picture frame for it in Dunelm. It was only £3. What had been in that position for years was an old two-tone Morphy Richards bell. Decorators had painted round it. So it stayed there for decades, as we've had wireless ones since.
    But now this hides the bit of wallpaper that is a different colour.

[​IMG]

Sjoerd, Melody Mc., Oreti and 2 others like this.
  2. Daniel W

Daniel W Young Pine

The cabinet looks good solid wood to me. I always appreciate real wood.

3. Oreti

Oreti In Flower

That looks really grand @Doghouse Riley , your wife will be well pleased when she sees it. Happy days for the both of you.:)

4. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Nice placements with new cabinets and mirror. Mirrors always make the area look so much bigger. Besides it’s a way to do a quick wardrobe check before heading out the door.

Sending blessings and get well messages and a welcoming home soon.

Advertisement
  5. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

It looks wonderful DHR! Your wife will be so pleased when she comes home. :)

Sjoerd, Oreti and Doghouse Riley like this.
  6. MIKE ALLEN

MIKE ALLEN Seedling

Hi DHR. So sorry to hear about your wife. I knew she had medical problems, but she could well have done without this episode. Please pass on the love and best wishes of the forum members to her.

So what say we start an, '84's' club. I have a stair lift. Very useful for putting the bags of shopping on. My late wife needed one, however we plumped for a second hand one. We couldn't afford a new one.The owner of our local mobility aids shop came around, measured up and everything was up and running in about two days. Our front door is at the side of the building, so the staircase goes up between two walls no bends. The track, rather than wall fitted rails lies flat on the stairs. To allow the chair to sit on the base floor a hinged section is fitted....seldom use it. It was under warranty. In time a chap, (service engineer ????????) turns up to service it all. Real crazy character. Good job he didn't take it to bits. A quick dust down of the track....all done. Must have been twenty years later, Val had been gone 12 yrs. New batteries were needed. Two of them, each no larger than a 6 volt motor cycle battery. Supplied and fitted just short of £300. Then loads of letters trying to get me to take out regular services. You are a very handy chap like me. DIY. Be warned.

Doghouse Riley and Melody Mc. like this.