The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Its a windy sunny day here but thunder stom in the evening.I will be headed to work shortly.

2. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning to all. My sister arrived yesterday so I spent most of the day showing her around Malmö and sampling the local cuisine (read falafel). Lots more tour guiding to do :)

Weather is dull and grey here with spits of rain.

Current temps: 4 deg C / 39 deg F
    Current listening to: Morning TV

Have a fun Friday!

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Dry and sunny here but, once again, bitterly cold and the pond is frozen solid.

Enjoy your day everyone!! :-D

4. reggaefan

reggaefan Official Poet Laureate

Good Morning all survived my trip to New Orleans. President Bush was in town so it was harder than normal traffic, the doctors must think I will live to at least June that is when he scheduled my next appt, nice forecast for today in the 70's.
    Have a good one everyone.

Music DJ Frank's greatest hits

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all. Currently -4 deg C and very gusty SW winds. We had a nasty storm last night with freezing rain, strong winds and ice pellets. We lost a few branches, but other than that we were very lucky. A lot of places have lost power from ice on the lines which are laying on the ground. People are advised not to go out unless absolutely necessary. There is still a winter weather warning here as part 2 of this storm is expected to hit before noon. This is the storm that swept thru the states and caused tornados yesterday.
    Stay safe and dry all!

6. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Good Morning all second day of my mini vacation, and it's junkin' day. This trash to treasure sale had a big write up in the Baton Rouge paper, everything from bridal gowns to plants, yes, plants. Yeah!!!! Something I wasn't expecting but a very nice surprise. Netty stay safe please.

7. bethie

bethie Young Pine

Good Morning all. Yes the weather this time of year can be wicked. Batten down the hatches and dream of spring.
    Mr. Gnome-have a great time with your sister.
    Good weekend to all. Hubby is taking me to the river this weekend for duck watching and driftwood. :)

8. Frank

Thanks Bethie :)

Netty stay safe.

:D @ Richard.

9. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

Good morning all. Cooler this morning and cloudy. I am so glad those tornadoes missed us yesterday. How awful for those people in Alabama!

10. muddybob

muddybob In Flower

Hope your sis enjoys herself Frank.
    I have a client whose daughter and grandchildren live in Malmo. Once the granddaughter spent the day with me working while she was visiting her grand dad. She is a horse crazy teenager who can't have one of her own.
    She will probably be attending college in Seattle this fall. Culture shock. She has never lived here.

muddy

11. Marlene

Marlene Young Pine

Good Morning/afternoon everyone -- A beautiful sunny day here today after the terrible weather we had yesterday. No tornadoes in my area. South Alabama had the terrible tornadoes. My heart goes out to them and those who lost family -- 8 students killed.

12. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Oh so glad to hear you are ok Marlene.
    That was a really horrible tornado.I feel so bad for those people.That went through it and lost loved ones in it.
    Its rather on the cool side this morning.It is to be in the thirties here Sunday morning .I do hope it doesn't frost.Its 60 now but is only to get 73 today.
    Have a good day all as I'm off 3 days now.

13. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning! There was two tornados in the area with damages but no one hurt. It was 34 this morning and very windy, 30-35 mph. Have a good day and don't blow away. Wannabe

14. Frank

A very Good Morning to all in the Stew. Off to visit Copenhagen today with my sister so that should be a lot of fun :D Hope the weather stays fine (i.e. doesn't rain).

Current temps: 3 deg C / 37 deg F
    Current listening to: local radio station

Have a great start to your weekend!

15. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently sitting at -3 deg C and overcast. It took us most of the day to clear the snow/ice from the driveway. Our plow truck wouldn't even push it because it was so heavy. We had to call in the neighboring farmer with his tractor and snow blower attachment to get us dug out. There are still a lot of branches to be picked up around the yard, but I still think we were very lucky to have not lost our power. The clean up continues today. Weather man predicts another few inches of snow in the next few days. I pray that is the last of the snow this winter, and that we have a gradual melt down this spring or we will have problems with flooding.
    Have a great day all :)