The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Overcast this morning but 46 already. Going up into 70's. I work 6 to 9 pm today so there's time to do some things around the house. Dooley

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. The weather is NASTY out there today...snowing and blowing again, but wind gusts are up to 90 km per hour. It's currently -8 deg C, but this weather system is bringing in a cold front. By tomorrow morning it will feel like -35 with the wind chill! Yuck, is winter EVER going to end???
    My DH has to go away for business early tomorrow morning...I hate when that happens!! But luckily it doesn't happen often. Only 4 times in the (almost) 21 years together.
    Have a great day all.

3. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I do wish I could send you some of our sunshine.I know just a peep of it would brighten your day.We have had no rain here and our ground it like powder.

4. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good morning everyone, It was 32 early this am but it is sunny, 44 and no wind out there now. I've been to Petersburg this morning but have to back this afternoon. I need to pick up copies of my x-rays. Wannabe

Advertisement
  5. olga

olga Seedling

Good mornig everyone!! I just enjoyed reading your posts about having snow. . . . we don't have it here in the Philippines, and i haven't even seen a snow :)
    We have a wonderful weather here in the Philippines, I know that all the gardeners would really love it here, anything can grow here.
    Enjoy your day!!

6. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Sounds like a great place.No snow or ice sounds heavenly.How cold does it get there Olga?

7. reggaefan

reggaefan Official Poet Laureate

Good Morning all have a great Tuesday still chilly

Music: Singing Winds Crying Beasts Santana

8. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good aftermorning all! Just left my sister at the bus stop so she can start to make her trip back to Ireland. Have a very enjoyable few days in her company and was sad to see her go. I will see her again in September though for her wedding so that's not so long away :)

Weather is starting to warm up it seems, lots of rain yesterday. The amount of snow this winter wasn't even in the same league as snow last winter. Things are definitely getting warmer.

Current weather: 6 deg C / 43 deg F
    Currently listening to: RTE Radio 1 Ireland

Have a great Tuesday y'all!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add your captions to Caption Competition #38

9. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Mild and sunny here today so I've been out playing in the dirt all morning. Just had a shower and an early lunch so that I can get back outdoors for some more fun. Then I'll have another shower and a cuppa. :D

10. bethie

bethie Young Pine

Good Morning all. A glorious day here. Things blooming-daffodils, hawthorne, forsythia, spring magnolias, pussy willows and pansies. Finally! I'm out to cut a lot of pussy willow branches to drag indoors. Don't you just love those little gray catkins? My black one is just starting to open too.

11. Marlene

Marlene Young Pine

Good Morning/afternoon everyone -- 37 and sunny here this morning. Going to get up to about 63, so it should be lovely. Seeing some daffodils, forsythia, and tulip trees in bloom around here too. Have a nice day.

12. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. I must admit after reading everyone's posts this morning, I'm feeling very jealous! You are all enjoying nice weather and working in your yards...it's currently -25 deg C here (-12 deg F) feeling like -35 deg with the wind chill. At least the sun is shining today and the winds have eased back a bit. Yesterday's winter storm caused chaos here in Ontario, with one of our major highways still closed since lunch time yesterday. 75 vehicle pile up stopped traffic in both directions. In another county, ALL the roads were closed due to blowing snow and drifting. Cold front will pass through later this evening and we will have milder weather starting on Thursday. RAIN!
    DH left at 5 am for his business trip. My dog must know I'm a little nervous...she's been pacing all morning.
    Have a nice day all :)

13. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

Good morning all. Chilly and sunshiny here. Supposed to get warmer later and stay in the 70's all week. Still lots of work to do inside here. Pounding the keyboard for hours a day. Wanna go play outside.

14. zuzu's petals

zuzu's petals Silly Old Bat Plants Contributor

I hope you can take frequent breaks to get out there, Jan.

It's a bright and beautiful morning here on the coast.
    Still a bit cool, but the thermometer is climbing, mid 50's expected this afternoon,
    but tomorrow is forecast to be 10 degrees warmer. :)

Your weather sounds ferocious, Netty.
    My hubby travels alot for work, so I know how nerve wracking that can be,
    especially when the weather is foul.

Listening to "Blue" Joni Mitchell.

15. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It's 50 right now and heading to mid 70's today. No plans yet but I try not to make plans. I just do whatever comes my way. Work 5:30-9 today. Dooley