The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning all, started out between 55-60 degrees this morning, going up into the low 70's again. It is a bit overcast but fatlotofgoodthatwilldous. Not a rain drop in sight for several days.

2. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Good Morning all.Its a beauty of a day today.I am so mad .I just came from my little green house and a cat had been in there and dumped two of my little plastic trays thank goodness I had 3 left to plant and it was two of those .I need some screen wire I would make a couple of screen doors.I am about ready to send all those cats to a shelter.I am sick of everyone elses cats and dogs.

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Gooood morning all, rise and shine. It's a dull morning with the occasional spat of rain here in Malmö. Got paper work to do today, exciting :(

Current weather: 6 deg C / 43 deg F
    Currently listening to: U2 - Achtung Baby

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add your captions to Caption Competition #38

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

A really lovely spring day here with no high winds - for a change!! :D Ian has the rest of the week off as he had holidays he had to take or lose them. We're going to be busy cleaning out the pond before my frogs decide to spawn so its on with the waders!!! :D :D

Advertisement
  5. reggaefan

reggaefan Official Poet Laureate

Good Morning all nice in La. today. Have a great Wednesday

Music: Crazy Train Ozzy Osbourne

6. bethie

bethie Young Pine

Good Morning all. I'm cleaning out my resting here also. Kind of a gross job but neccesary. Daylight savings time this weekend. Do any other countries besides US use daylight savings time? Good day to all. Birds singing and flowers blooming. 8)

7. Marlene

Marlene Young Pine

Good Morning/afternoon everyone -- Well I was literally awaken with a "bang" this morning. Was just getting up about 6:00 a.m. and heard this big BANG. I ran and looked outside and sure enough two cars had had an accident. One pickup truck was upside down in my neighbor's yard and the other was just the other side of my driveway, partially on the curb. I had fire trucks, police cars, and a HEMSI ambulance all outside for a while. One driver was walking around but the other was stuck under the truck. They got him out and put him in the ambulance. He was talking, so hopefully his injuries are not too bad. They took the other man in the ambulance too. Don't know how it happened. I have a four-lane in front of my house (use to be a slow two-lane years ago). Just glad it wasn't time for school children to be walking to school up the road. Be safe and alert today.

8. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

Good morning all. Sounds like you had some unwanted excitement this morning, Marlene. Hope everyone is OK.
    Pretty weather here in NO today.

9. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all.
    Currently sitting at -10 deg C and sunny. Yesterday was officially the coldest March 6th EVER here in Ontario. The rest of the week is looking milder with rain forecast for the weekend. I hope that is the end of winter storms for us.
    We have daylight savings time here too Bethie. Clocks go ahead 1 hour this weekend.
    Hope those guys are OK Marlene. That's alot of excitement for 6 am. I still have a truck in my ditch since the storm the other night. I hope they come dig it out soon.
    Have a great day all.

10. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all, mid 50's starting the day probably topping out in the 70's again.
    Off to have lunch at school with the grandsons in a bit, then I take Amanda to a job interview so it looks like no gardening for me today.

Marlene, way too early in the morning for that kind of excitement. Glad there were no children around, hope the people involved are okay.

11. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It was 45 and sunny when we got up. Now, it's not so sunny. Dark clouds to the northwest. Oh, well! Yesterday we bought bags of top soil to fix that flower bed by the shed. Have to terrace it as it goes down hill. Oh, the sun is back. Have to finish my tea and see what dr is doing now. Dooley

12. SusieQ

SusieQ Seedling

Mornin all...

Sunny, and 70* here so far supposed to go to 78 today, crape myrtle are sprouting out like crazy, we need rain, lawns are turning browner every day, it always comes back can't kill Bahai lawn, so we concentrate on our plants mostly.

13. zuzu's petals

zuzu's petals Silly Old Bat Plants Contributor

Hi group, I just got home from the pool and running a few errands.
    We've got an especially lovely day shaping up here,
    it's a bit overcast, but mild and calm, the sort of day that really calls me outside,
    so I'm going to put on some play clothes and get elbow deep in the dirt. :D

Listening to one of my Pandora stations 8)
    which is currently playing "A Man Needs A Maid" ~ Neil Young.

14. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

15. reggaefan

reggaefan Official Poet Laureate

Chilly here this morning will be in 70's later. Have a great day

Music Taxi Harry Chapin