The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

A busy morning has warranted some relaxing time. For now :) . An early morning in the garden reaped some benefits, and now the rain is just beginning. I hope it will help the newly planted lettuce and spinach

@Netty - I'm happy to hear the smoke is lifting for you. I've been thinking of you and your fires. Normally your province, the Maritimes and Quebec pitch in to help out BC. This year your side of the country is having so many of your own struggles. I hope it calms down soon for you.

We were hoping for buckets of rain today, but it is dwindling so far. The radar shows it all around us. The cooler temps are nice. Everyone is hoping the wind and thunderstorms don't materialize, just the rain. :) I'm afraid it will take a lot of rain to move the fire danger rating here down from Extreme, but anything is a gift - even if it is just for mental well being. There is not much worry can do - except create more worry. We have followed our Great Grand Puba's advice ( Sam Slagheap for those Flintstones fans out there) and we have our go bag and all necessary items on a list to take care of.

upload_2023-6-13_14-13-3.jpeg

Dinner is prepped, and a movie is on que. Once an awaited phone call happens for Hubby, it will be time for a movie, popcorn and a big quilt.

Jewell, Pacnorwest and Sjoerd like this.
  2. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Good Wednesday morning to everyone! This is an easy day for me--a bit of house cleaning, no laundry to do, and I got to play in the kitchen. I made a pasta salad for tonight to have with toasted Foccacia bread. It is salad season with afternoon temperatures approaching triple digits (just thankful the first digit is 1, and not 2!).
    Hope you all have an easy day according to your definition. Netty's definition of an "easy day" would put some of us in bed!

Netty, Sjoerd and Pacnorwest like this.
  3. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Marlin..triple digit temps.. stay cool… The heat just knocks the energy right out of me. When it’s hot I work early sunrise and after dark… we have light til 8:30 because we are up so far north as the earth axis has turned closer to the huge moon . YYou can almost touch it….

Jewell and Sjoerd like this.
  4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Pac, I can stand the heat, but working the garden plants late morning or after, the plants aren't happy. I get everything done in the garden by 10 a.m., and then leave everything alone until the next day. We have big box fans in the coop, and plenty of water for the hens. Timi the cat comes in, eats, and then lies down on the cool kitchen tile floor and supervises me. It seems humans need a lot of supervising!

Jewell, Melody Mc. and Sjoerd like this.

Advertisement
  5. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Cats are great supervisors … with one eye open the other closed.

Melody Mc., Sjoerd and marlingardener like this.
  6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday afternoon all. Currently 17°C and overcast. It was a nice day, but has just clouded over and there is a chance of rain.
    Things sure are growing now! Guess they just wanted a good soaking rain to get going!
    Another busy work day and now we are off to the rink.
    Have a good night all :)

Jewell, Melody Mc., Sjoerd and 2 others like this.
  7. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 13°C and sunny with a breeze. Looks like a great day ahead!
    We are off to my daughters new family home that is being built, to plant her gardens! I overwintered her favorite perennials from the old house in my veggie garden last winter, and I've been collecting perennials and have grown veggie starts for her new gardens. Today is the day - I'm loading up the Journey (the BEST vehicle for moving large loads) and bringing them all over to her house and we are planting her brand new gardens! In a few weeks they should be able to finally move into their dream home. I'm so excited for them - they have been planning this for years!
    Its going to be a great day!

8. Clay_22

Clay_22 Young Pine

Currently 64°F 18°C on this cloudy Saturday morning with a chance of showers throughout the day.

9. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Good Monday to you all, and for us here in the USA, it is the Juneteenth federal holiday. I'm glad it is a nationwide holiday to commemorate the freeing of the last slaves held in bondage, and the freeing of the whole nation from the burden of slavery.
    We are watering the gardens again due to the high heat and lack of humidity (for which we are grateful!). Nothing special planned for today except indoor time.
    Hope you all have a good day!

10. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Congrats on your holiday. We here have our own less than glorious slavery past. The government is trying to come to terms with it.

The dryness is a prob here. There was some rain over night, so we have a cool start this morning. A great time to clean house. :smt022 (Those aren’t really tears, they are perspiration droplets).

Jewell, Melody Mc. and Pacnorwest like this.
  11. Netty

Good Tuesday afternoon all. Currently 28°C and sunny.
    I've been dragging hoses all day at work and I'm pooped! Its too hot outside yet to walk the dog, so I'm inside doing laundry and prepping dinner. There will be a few more of these hot days this week, and hopefully rain on Friday. We need some!
    No skating this week so I'm in no rush to do anything ... what a nice change!
    Have a great day all :)

12. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

It is overcast and cloudy lots of rain in the forecast until Friday. Nice to not have to worry about watering.

Netty dragging hoses is so hard on our backs and in hot temps. Stay hydrated and cool. You’re still have energy to clean and prepare dinner. I’d be a wet dish rag on the floor in a heap…

13. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Good Wednesday to you all! It is hot here, very hot, so I'm giving the hens crushed ice so they won't lay hard boiled eggs.
    This from a local news station about rain tonight:
    There is small severe potential with these storms as we are under a Level 1 Marginal risk with wind and hail threats, but nothing out of the ordinary.
    When wind and hail are "nothing out of the ordinary" you know you're in Texas!
    Hope you all have a nothing out of the ordinary day weatherwise, and an extraordinary day otherwise.

14. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Marlingardener.. yes on the weather reports Texas is getting hit with outrageous weather. Power outages all across the south and southeast and a low weather jet stream is parked over the mid western states causing extreme storms, hurricanes in Louisiana, Alabama , Mississippi, moving up thru the east seaboard. Stay safe…

15. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Marlin, you have the most amazing posts. I can chuckle because I don’t live there.

Jewell, Pacnorwest and Melody Mc. like this.