The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

I for one ( and I'm very certain I'm not just one) would want to know if you were okay, and would wonder and worry very much if you just disappeared. I experienced a taste of this caring and concern this summer, and it touched my heart.

My feeling is that the Garden Stew community is not your average "forum" - it is caring, supportive, tried and true.

You PM me any time my friend - any time. And it is not complaining or over worrying to post real life matters that are impacting your time on the Stew ( in my humble, inexperienced, "eyes downcast - did not post a lot this summer" - time on the Stew). We would miss you and I would like to know if you are okay. Don't you dare just disappear Daniel. NOPE NOPE....not allowed. :heart::flower::stew1::stew2:

Netty and Daniel W like this.
  2. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

What Mel said.

Netty and Daniel W like this.
  3. Daniel W

Daniel W Hardy Maple

Thrift stores and estate sales are my favorites! I don't "have" to buy things there, but to me it's re-use re-purpose etc at its finest! I also clean put my unused but useable stuff from time to time and take it there. Better that keeping it here.

Melody Mc. and Sjoerd like this.
  4. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

Hubby and I had a conversation just yesterday that it is time to part with some of his "collections". There are some great programs here. Coats for All is accepting winter clothing of any kind - I donate to them most years. Once a month we have a "Free Store" at a church where donations can be made the month prior of any items, they make whatever repairs are needed, and then they open the free store for a weekend. We also have a used tool program, where older or under used tools can be taken and donated. There is a bike program that is going to LOVE me this spring, when I take in every child hood bike our kids have ever had, as well as Hubby's old ten speeds from fifty years ago ( oh my...:rolleyes:). We kept them as we are so remote, and we were hoping for grandbabies. But it is time another family gets to enjoy them. This spring has the makings of a great clean out and re-homing frenzy. And recently a senior's community garden opened and is accepting donations of gardening tools, gloves and gadgets etc. That will be my clean out. :)

Daniel W likes this.

Advertisement
  5. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

Happy Thursday. :) We are a little warmer this morning at -10. No white stuff yet but the creek is freezing over. I bought a new fan to move warm air from the mud room fire into the main part of the house. It is an industrial high volume pedestal fan, and oh boy is it fun hahahaha. I brings a whole new meaning to fan fun...standing in front of it with your mouth open, talking into the back of it ( please tell me others know what I'm talking about...) I don't blow dry my hair because I just stand in front of it for a minute. I usually look forward to winter because when the bugs are gone I can wear my hair down and not wear a ball cap. Now I'm wearing a ball cap so that my hair isn't blowing in my face. I don't have unruly papers lazily laying on the kitchen table anymore...because they end up in the living room. I could go on and on....but it sure is great! It really is helping heat the house more efficiently. Air traffic control could contact me about an undeclared airplane flight though...it is a wee bit loud. I could always bring my hearing protection up from the sawmill...that may help. Might as well include the hard hat too, just encase any more beads come flying off the Mandela in the hallway.

New fan fun idea....I wonder if it would be powerful enough to shoot a blueberry into the kitchen? or perhaps I could make a small homemade kite and fly it in the living room.... the possibilities are endless. :) ( perhaps I need to get out more as well) ;):whistling:

Sjoerd and Netty like this.
  6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday afternoon all. Currently 15°C and raining. The morning was nice and I got lots of work done, but once it started raining we were inside the workshop splitting firewood. Now I feel like I'm ready to nap! Off to the arena shortly and then home to relax.
    @Melody Mc. Sounds like you are having WAY too much fun with your new fan!
    Have a great night all :)

Sjoerd likes this.
  7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Mel, do you actually need a license for operating that fan in your house? When having such unbridled fun, you risk blowing your ownership status…you know that right?

Melody Mc. likes this.
  8. Daniel W

Daniel W Hardy Maple

Mel, that's wild! Maybe you could aim it at bears, to blow them away!

9. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Does the fan send air into your bed room? If so, be careful, it could blow our cover.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2023
    Melody Mc. and Daniel W like this.
  10. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

[​IMG]

upload_2023-10-27_8-35-44.jpeg

upload_2023-10-27_8-36-25.jpeg ........ or 52. :)

Sjoerd, Netty and Daniel W like this.
  11. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

:setc_073::chuckle::setc_025::setc_024:

12. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

A frosty -12 this AM, and with house at 13 when I woke up, I was almost hoping it was 12 C indoors so I could take a fun picture of the indoor/outdoor thermometer. It's a waste of wood to have the fire going overnight, so it is a quick spark in the morning. I spent the morning organizing my seeds and making a list to check twice. I'm trying to also find dwarf varieties for containers for my daughter for Christmas. She has large long totes on the deck of her condo, and grew a lot of veggies last summer. Some more container friendly varieties of beans etc may be fun for her. It's nice to take a little time to take time - I'm glad for it. I should clean out the bathroom closet and freezers today, but we shall see. :)

Sjoerd and Daniel W like this.
  13. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Ha,ha,ha x 100.
    Lurved them piccies, Mel.
    Good luck with your chores today.
    Stay warm.

Melody Mc. and Daniel W like this.
  14. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 4°C and overcast. I slept in until 7:30 today. I kind of made myself because I've been feeling very run down. I knew October would be a busy month, and we are almost at the end. I figured that my work would be done at the resort for the season, but apparently I'm still needed for longer to help with other things. Great. So it looks like at least part of November will be just as busy for me.
    I woke up this morning with something in my eye, and I just can't seem to get it out. Maybe thats an excuse to go back to bed haha
    Have a great day all :)

15. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Good luck with that eye. Don’t rub it.

Melody Mc. likes this.