The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Daniel— chuckle. I get the cultural difference. My finds it more hygienic. And of course it had to have a soft close top on it. No, but I can understand what you say. It was jut me being curious after I read that you were having a French article installed.
    I am excited for you and your new bathroom. I am well chuffed with our new one. The old one was hopelessly outdated.

Hahaha….a tree in the back yard. Brilliant.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2023
    Melody Mc. likes this.
  2. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

Thank you Sjoerd. Yeah...Angus is quite the fella. Even if I'm on my hands and knees ( like cutting down the tree) he's checking to make sure I'm okay and didn't biff it.

I don't know if the highschool would have allowed Beer on base hahaha The teenagers in my Alternative School would probably have loved it though! (Imps that they were :heart:);).

Sjoerd likes this.
  3. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

Thank you Daniel. And you are absolutely right about the sunrise. I'll carry it in my mind and the goosebumps that came with it for a very long time. I don't pack my phone anywhere except my purse to town hahaha. However...I do pack my big ole camera. When I saw the sky changing colour, I already was bundled up, snowshoed up and had my saw and rope. The effort to undo all of that won over retrieving my camera. But you are absolutely right....the surreal moments are best kept forever in our minds. Pictures never do justice to memories. I would have wasted time trying to get a shot rather than enjoy it. :)

And THE GRABBER!! Mrs. Claus ( me) ordered one for Mel in November. :) But it's not as cool as yours. I like the rounded tabs on yours...the egg handlers. Mine ( soon to be mine) has stick ends with grips. I live in a house built for giants, and I can only reach the bottom two shelves, the second from the bottom with considerable effort. I've been using a stick to shimmy out my cornstarch etc from the top shelf. :rolleyes: Sometimes with not good results.
    [​IMG]

Sjoerd likes this.
  4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Haha.
    BTW, what does biff mean?

Melody Mc. likes this.

Advertisement
  5. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

Biffing it means a face plant :) Took a Biff. Biffed it. Not sure where it came from. When my kids were wee, and they biffed it, I taught them to put their wee person arms in the air and shout "Tah Dah!!" instead of being upset. Who's the surperhero??? They were :)

Sjoerd and Daniel W like this.
  6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 5°C and overcast with a strong south wind.
    I woke up feeling kinda 'off' this morning. Took the dog for his walk and it cleared my head a bit, but then it started raining so we quickly came home. I hope I'm not coming down with something. I've been pretty anal about the handwashing/sanitizing when I'm out and about.
    I have some gifts to finish off today with my handy dandy cricut machine, and a bit of cooking to do. My goal is to get the top of the dining room table cleaned off. Its currently covered with everything Christmas ... partly finished gifts, wrap, ribbons, tags, tape etc It could take a good part of the day to get it finished/sorted/wrapped.
    Have a great day all :)

Sjoerd, Daniel W and Melody Mc. like this.
  7. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 5°C and raining.
    We were at Walmart at 7:10 this morning ... I had no idea they were open so early until last night! I was talking to DD after her family christmas dinner with her husbands side of the family, and they got my granddaughter the same toy that we bought her. We returned it bright and early this morning and we bought something else. I'm glad that I could do that, otherwise little miss would have been kinda disappointed on Christmas morning. Now I'm off to meet another skating mom and we will be doing some shopping for gifts for our Coaches and Program assistants. Another busy day before heading to the rink tonight.

Sjoerd, Daniel W and Melody Mc. like this.
  8. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

A warm cozy Monday evening here. Gifts are wrapped and prepared for the medical clinic and pharmacy, as well as the Post office lady at the little local store. Three bags of caramel popcorn are bundled up for neighbours along the way, and some apricot jam is parceled for my ex father in law that I will visit tomorrow morning. Tomorrow is a busy town day with last minute items to last the next three weeks.

@Netty - we have had similar circumstances. Aren't the children in our lives so lucky to be so loved. :heart::heart: I'm certain Miss will love what you found for her.

9. Daniel W

Daniel W Hardy Maple

The bathtub supplier bailed a second time. This meant a change in plumbing, because all of the other choices have the handicap access door (and plumbing) in a different location. However, I found one at Lowes on sale, which makes up 2/3 of the increased plumbing cost. Plus, it had a Veteran's Discount of $1.00! Yay! Yes, that's One Dollar LOL.

For all the trouble, I think this will be better, with better defined as more open access and more safe :sete_010:.

That one dollar discount went as partial payment for some French Fries across the street from Lowes :setc_015:.

I removed some unused / unwanted things from the In-Law house, to my house where they will be used. An exercise bicycle, which went into the Sunroom. A nice plant stand, ditto :stew1:. A better table for sewing :setc_083:. Now I need to take the old table to Good Will.

I had to dis-assemble the table to move it, then reassemble in its new location. Older furniture, very solid and heavy. Now I know what to hide under during the next earthquake!

Sjoerd and Melody Mc. like this.
  10. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

Can't replace good solid furniture...or good solid human beans as yourself.

I'm happy you sorted out the tub - sorry to hear it was a compromise to the cost of plumbing - but sounds like it will be great. I'm very very excited for you with the new bathroom - almost more than the raised beds :) :flower::stew1::stew2::heart:

Cheers to the $1 discount on the HUGE purchase....you're a good person Daniel. Hey Hey for french fries contribution!!

11. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -5°C with strong NW winds. When we went into the rink last night it was 5°C and raining. When we came out a few hours later it was -5°C, snowing and blowing 70 km/winds from the northwest. What a drastic change in such a short time! It was a scary drive home to say the least.
    Today, we hope to do some baking. I say "hope" because I'm not sure that we have all the ingredients we need. Once DD gets up we will investigate.
    Lots to do today!

Daniel W and Sjoerd like this.
  12. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Thanks Mel— but I am thick. I do not know what a face plant is, so I still do not understand taking a biff or biffing it. Please shed more light when you get a coupla mo’s, oké?
    You are so nice to get gifts for folks there. What a girl you are!

Daniel, I had to smile at the Veterans’ discount you got. Merry Christmas any way. Chuckle.

Daniel W likes this.
  13. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Today has been so enjoyable! I made up the last two Christmas trays of sweet breads, and had a long and satisfying petting session with the cat. I did make sure there wasn't any cat fur attached to me before I made up the trays!
    Hope you all have an enjoyable and satisfying day, too.

Daniel W and Sjoerd like this.
  14. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -5°C and overcast.
    We've had a couple of busy days, with lots of errands, shopping, skating and last night we went to skating test day. DD passed her 3 tests with honors!
    Today, we will be doing some baking and then we are heading to the rink for this years last skate with her competition team.
    Hard to believe Christmas is only a few days away!

Sjoerd likes this.
  15. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Thanks Netty, the same to you.
    Will the competition continue after NewYrs’ ?