The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -10°C and overcast. Looks like we are heading into a warming trend (phew!)
    Its Thursday and I'm off to do my weekly errands and grocery shopping trip.
    Not a lot to buy today, mostly fresh veg, bread, milk and some sale items.
    Have a great day all :)

Willowisp0801 and Sjoerd like this.
  2. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Have fun in that tropical weather there, Netty.:)

Willowisp0801 and Pacnorwest like this.
  3. Daniel W

Daniel W Hardy Maple

I bought a bird feeder that has a motion activated camera. It's fun watching the birds up close. I don't know how to post the videos.

It was funny, it's activated by any motion. So it films any people who pass by the feeder, at the front

The bathroom is coming along. The tub doesn't look level, but it is. The floor isn't quite level. The tub has adjustable six feet that screw in and out, similar to leveling a stove. I spent two hours last night leveling it. The front will be tiled, and the gap wont show then.

IMG_5207.jpeg

It's becoming too difficult for me to stand up to get out of a bathtub. But soaking helps so much with feeling cold and with aches and pains. When this is completed, the tub door opens and the user can put their legs through the opening. It will be like getting up from a chair. Similar but in reverse for getting into the tub.

Monday they finish the walls and add texture, then install the vanity and who knows?

4. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Nice…

Advertisement
  5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

That is looking very good. It looks like he tub has a stepping out door. Very safe.

6. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

That is coming along splendidly Daniel! I like the new floor and window too. Does the tub have jets as well Daniel? We are mulling over our replacement tub that will happen in the next couple of years.

Willowisp0801, Daniel W and Sjoerd like this.
  7. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

Happy Saturday! Today is a beautiful wintery day, with temps mild enough to enjoy being outside. We have one more snow day today, and then tomorrow afternoon with be another snow removal day.

I'm organizing my seeds today, and updating my garden journal while I still remember my notes to self from last year. A simple taco salad will be on the menu.

I received the results from Angus' doggy DNA test and we were very surprised. After doing some reading it made sense though. Angus is 38% Chow Chow ( wouldn't have guessed that one), 28 % Border Collie, 19 % Stafford Bull Terrier, and 15 % Siberian Husky. That's a whole lot of stubborn tempered with a little bit of sweet. :)

His huge head and lions mane explains the Chow Chow and Staffy. As well as his red colour.

Who would have thunk it!

Willowisp0801, Sjoerd and Netty like this.
  8. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Congrats on the results. What does such a DNA test cost anyway? Why, I have never heard of that.
    It is encouraging to me that you are beginning again with the garcening.

Willowisp0801 and Melody Mc. like this.
  9. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

It was a gift from Santa, but the Elves at Amazon leaked that the DNA test cost about $60. I've been wanting one for nine years :) It only took about ten days to get the results.

Willowisp0801, Daniel W and Sjoerd like this.
  10. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

60 bucks. Does it compare to the same sort of testing for humans? I have zero experience in this field. I am just curious.

Melody Mc. and Willowisp0801 like this.
  11. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -17°C and sunny. So nice to feel the sun on my face while walking the dog, even if the rest of my body is bundled up like the Nanook of the North!
    Sunshine always makes me happy and gives me motivation.
    I just have some cleaning to do this morning, and then this afternoon we are heading over to see the grandkids. Should be a fun day :)

Willowisp0801 and Sjoerd like this.
  12. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Netty, I agree about sunshine. Yesterday was sunny and we all (cat, too) felt more cheerful although no warmer!
    Today is odds and ends--a little of this and not much of that to get the week off tidy and clean. I'm feeling the urge to bake, so that "tidy and clean" kitchen may not stay that way.
    Hope you all have a tidy and cheerful day!

Melody Mc., Willowisp0801 and Sjoerd like this.
  13. Willowisp0801

Willowisp0801 In Flower

Both temp and real feel are positive today; 26 and 16F respectively. I have a bit of cleaning, but I need to call about a new garbage can. Mine just disappeared! I checked all the neighbor's cans and none were mine. Who takes a garbage can!!!! That is crazy! Although I probably looked pretty comical carrying my bag out there, only to look in shock at the empty spot next to my recycling can. Then going and checking out any of the neighbors cans with a squirrel hole chewed in the corner of the lid. I will be spray painting my address on the new one....maybe neon green!

Melody Mc. and Sjoerd like this.
  14. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -3°C and overcast.
    I woke up from a bad dream I was having ... strong winds blew away my greenhouse! Got up and checked and there it was, standing just the way it was. Thank goodness it was just a dream, but I think I must be missing my time out there! I think I'll go out and do some organizing later, and maybe clean up. Spring will be here before we know it!
    Have a great day all :)

Melody Mc., Willowisp0801 and Sjoerd like this.
  15. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Great panes of glass Netty, that’s a sobering nightmare !!
    Every big windstorm we have pulls me out to the allotment like a disaster magnet. I always wonder what I will find.
    One cold januari day I found every pane broken and lying on the soil inside the greenhouse. It wasn’t the wind, it was vandals. Since then, I am aware that “stuff” can happen.

Willowisp0801 and Melody Mc. like this.