The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Daniel W

Daniel W Hardy Maple

Yes, I already have the new one, sitting in a box. It's LED with adjustable wavelengths.

Pacnorwest likes this.
  2. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Yeah.. sounds like a winner can’t wait to see the area finished. I’m sure you are anxious too.

Willowisp0801 likes this.
  3. Daniel W

Daniel W Hardy Maple

Hope your cold is better soon Netty!

Isn't it strange how far our stuff travels before it arrives? I like to watch that too. Currently, I have some drawer pulls that I ordered. I didn't know they were in China. Currently they are somewhere in California. It's amazing that something so inexpensive is shipped from so far away.

Sjoerd likes this.
  4. Willowisp0801

Willowisp0801 In Flower

It always astounds me when you see flight plans or shipping routes. When I lived in Georgia, I flew to Rochester, New York. My son was in school there and I flew up to hear him defend his dissertation. I went from Georgia to Miami, then up to New York.

I remember back in the day when there were plant shops everywhere. You didn't get your plants at a grocery store; you went to a plant shop. I had a lot of plants when I lived in Boise, Idaho. They did so well, I had an irrigation ditch out back and they got that water. They loved it. Then I moved back to Washington State and within two or three months they all died. So I started over. I now have a plant eating cat so I have just a few plants in bird cages.

Sjoerd and Pacnorwest like this.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -4°C and overcast.
    I just checked the tracking of my package that was in LA yesterday. USPS now says it is "moving through network in transit to next facility". Wonder which facility it will end up next? This could be interesting haha
    Not a lot going on today, it may end up being a lazy day!

Willowisp0801 and Sjoerd like this.
  6. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Bird cages come in handy for mischievous kitties, great idea. Sometimes the grass at the grocery store helps deter their couriousity. That was really a shame you lost your plants when moving. Nice to know there are so many to choose from now it’s hard to decide.

7. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -4°C and overcast.
    We've been for our walk, and now I'm having a cup of herbal tea. In a while I'll head to the shower.
    After that, its just another day of cleaning and random chores. No change in the tracking of my package. Curious to see if it goes North from CA to the Canadian Border, or back across the US. It would have been here by now if the very first sorter had sent it east instead of west! UGH!
    Have a great day all :)

8. Clay_22

Clay_22 Young Pine

Today Sunny, with a high near 43*

Pacnorwest likes this.
  9. Netty

Good Wednesday afternoon all. Currently 0°C and mostly cloudy.
    I just got home from my early morning trip into town to drop off my car for repair. Turned out my battery was defective and it was replaced for warranty. Then I went over to the farm store to look at seeds, and ran into my daughter and all the kids! We had fun shopping together, and my 6 year old grandson picked out a bunch of seeds for his own garden.
    Home now, and looking for a chickpea and kale salad recipe online.

Sjoerd likes this.
  10. Clay_22

Clay_22 Young Pine

Today is sunny with a high of 54 °F tomorrow may hit 60 °F then back down to the 40's again.

Sjoerd likes this.
  11. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Good morning all! We have overcast skies, but temps in the mid 60's, so I can't complain. Today I'm trying to renew my driver's license on-line. I may be complaining later!
    Husband went into town to get a few items, so I took the opportunity to organize our freezer. Why do I have two cups of shredded zucchini? There were several other things I found that I had forgotten. We will be eating well, but strangely next week!
    Hope your weather and day is as mild as ours.

Melody Mc. and Sjoerd like this.
  12. Netty

Because 2 cups is how much zucchini you need for a loaf of zucchini bread! ;)
    Good Friday afternoon all. Currently 11°C and sunny. Yes, you read that right ... its 11°C on February 9th! We are setting records with this temperature today and I'm fine with that!
    I had a bunch of errands to run this morning, and I stopped at a new garden center on the way home. I bought some seed packets, mostly different kinds of Zinnias and a few veggies. Something about a warm, sunny February afternoon that inspires a gardener! Also stopped at a new garden supply store yesterday and bought myself some new plastic plant trays for the greenhouse, as well as a small heat mat. If my seed order ever gets here (last check it was still in Los Angeles, CA) I'll be ready!

Melody Mc. and Sjoerd like this.
  13. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -1°C and snowing lightly.
    We've been for our dog walk, and now its time for my coffee. A few small tasks to do this morning, and then this afternoon we are heading over to see the grandkids for a birthday party!
    My oldest grandson is turning 6 and my youngest granddaughter just turned 2 on the 8th! They are growing so FAST!
    It should be a great day :)

Melody Mc. likes this.
  14. Clay_22

Clay_22 Young Pine

Cloudy, rain on and off bit cooler more normal with a high of 47 F

Melody Mc. likes this.
  15. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

@Netty - congratulations on all of the Grand birthdays! - that does sound like a lovely time.

It's been very busy here - we had a false spring which melted almost all of the local snow. This meant I could source a bit more dry standing firewood, and begin clearing areas where deciduous trees have grown in. I swear the poplar and willow grow as fast as Netty's grandchildren. :D My sour cherry tree and the greenhouse will be happier this spring with more light.

A neighbours freezer died during the warm weather, and I pitched in to clean it out and do a lot of trimming and cutting/wrapping. I was gifted with some venison, elk, moose and beef for the couple days of help - which is really wonderful. I haven't hunted for more than a handful of years, and grew up on wild game. It is a treat - I'm saving most for when the kids come home to visit.

And now winter has made a come back :) It is snowing heavily and quite blustery. We've postponed a necessary city trip for a couple of days until the roads are safer.

For today the bread is baking, buns are rising and the house smells delicious and is cozy. :)

Frank and Pacnorwest like this.