The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Willowisp0801

Willowisp0801 In Flower

I looked some of my stuff up, quite a while ago. I was surprised at what it was worth. I was talking to my son after I did it and he said something that's stayed with me ever since. "But you have to find someone who's willing to pay that price." I have garage sales every 2 or 3 years or take it to the corner store. Or sometimes I just set it on the corner and it "mysteriously" disappears. All my corning ware is the wildflower pattern.

Pacnorwest, Melody Mc. and Sjoerd like this.
  2. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

I honour what has been passed down to me, and I'm thankful that my kids do as well. I have my great grandparents wedding gift of a blue china thunder mug, basin and pitcher. A hand crafted mirror. Some beaded moccasins and sage pouches, a purse and peace pipe from my other side of the family. Then just recently my friend gave me her mother's 24 piece setting of china. She does not have any children to pass it on to. We busted it out for her 80th birthday and it made her so happy. Not all connections are lost - sentimental still has a place. My daughters have their grandmothers' china. My son was so happy to have my friends and pass it on in his new family.

3. Daniel W

Daniel W Hardy Maple

I think that's wonderful, to be able to connect the generations that way.

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 1°C and sunny. I experienced 3 season on my dog walk this morning ... rain (spring), snow (winter) and cloudy cool sunshine (fall).
    Sat down to a coffee and got a call from my sister who is on her way over! Guess I'm doing a 25 minute mad cleaning before she arrives!
    Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -1°C and overcast. There is also a brisk north wind, making it feel much colder.
    Managed to get the house tidied before my sister arrived, and we had a lovely visit. Spent the rest of the day doing random cleaning around the house.
    I'm back to work next week, so I have one week to finish up my spring cleaning. Not really looking forward to that as next weeks weather forecast looks terrible.

6. Clay_22

Clay_22 Young Pine

Good morning cold and windy this week. Currently 39°F 4°C suppose to hit only 45°F.

7. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

65 today. DH. Home from rehab. Lots goin on. Ya all have a great day.
    Sending blessings your way…

8. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -2°C and snowing. I think someone forgot to inform mother nature that today is the first full day of spring!
    Busy today, with random house chores and skating club financials. Only a few days left before I am back to work and I'm feeling the stress of getting everything done.
    Got all my seeds ready for the seed swap this weekend, and I'm waiting on the delivery of a seed order so I can get the last of my veggies planted.
    Busy, busy, busy!

9. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -9°C with a strong north wind. That was the coldest dog walk I've had in weeks!
    Off to do my errands and shopping trip. I don't need too many grocery items, but I do need to go and get some new work clothes for next week.
    Off to the rink after that.

10. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Netty, hope it warms up soon for you!
    Rain is predicted for today and since it is drizzling now, the local weather forecasters may have gotten it right (for once).
    No big plans today, just potting up a few herbs and making cornbread/tarragon stuffed salmon for dinner. Lunch will be light since the salmon is filling.
    Hope you all have a wet or dry day, according to your preference, and a pleasant day overall.

11. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Pac—Sending blessings and well-wishes your way too.

12. Daniel W

Daniel W Hardy Maple

Best wishes for the smoothest sailing possible.

13. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -6°C and overcast. Weatherman says we are going to get dumped with snow later today and overnight. Weatherman also says that it might be the biggest dump of snow we have gotten all winter! I'm not impressed at all, and will lock myself in the house until it is gone! Or until my daughter makes me drive her to the rink haha

14. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Netty, tell your daughter to take up snowshoeing as a sport!
    Pac, glad you are home and out of rehab. You had a rough go of it, but came through with flying colors (no white flag from you!)
    We have fog, heavy fog. Looks like this morning at least will be indoors. I'm getting the "bake bread itch" so I may stave off the chill and wet with dough.
    Hope you all have a good day!

Oreti, Pacnorwest and Willowisp0801 like this.
  15. Willowisp0801

Willowisp0801 In Flower

31 F here and snowing. Real feel is 25. I'll be cleaning and working on quilts!

Pac, I hope everything goes well with you.

Oreti and Pacnorwest like this.