The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday evening all. Currently 21°C and overcast. It was a great day for working, not too hot and a slight breeze. I got a lot done today!
    Came home and made dinner and tomorrows lunches and then took Thunder to 'help' me water the garden. He got slightly wet and got the zoomies, but thankfully he was running up and down the rows and around the raised beds, instead of through them. He did take a flying jump off the front porch though, and landed on a hosta. That poor garden this year ... rabbits and now a crazy puppy! Now he's worn out, and I get to check my trail camera pictures.
    Have a great night all :)

Oreti, Sjoerd and Pacnorwest like this.
  2. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Netty funny puppy shennahins … Picturing your description of the Zoomies round the garden… :headbang:

Oreti, Netty and Sjoerd like this.
  3. Netty

Good Wednesday evening all. Currently 22°C and overcast. It was a lovely day, and now the clouds are rolling in and we may get some rain.
    Another busy day at work, doing everything from watering and planting flowers to cutting grass and cutting up logs with a chainsaw. Being so busy makes the day pass quickly!
    Home now and puppy time, then dinner and a shower.
    Have a good night all :)

Oreti, Sjoerd and Pacnorwest like this.
  4. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

Happy Canada day and Independence Day!
    My gardens have been well watered lately by timely rains. They are so welcome because it’s bringing us out of a years long drought.
    I love summer and have harvested several green peppers. I’m still waiting on my tomatoes though.
    I’ve been busy remodeling my back garden which received much more sun now. I dug up and shared several Hostas and Heuchera that were in too much sun. Pictured is one corner back there I love!

Attached Files:

Oreti, Netty, Sjoerd and 1 other person like this.

Advertisement
  5. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Netty you are like a handyman-gal /gardener/puppy trainer…:smt023 self sufficiency comes in handy.

Kay beautiful plant combos.

6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Kay—What a thoughtful flower grouping you are showing. It is really good to hear that you are having more rain now.

Oreti, Kay and Pacnorwest like this.
  7. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

Sjoerd- Yes! There have been several storms this spring/ early summer! We’re getting use to hearing thunder and seeing lightning again. My dear old Dad taught me young about weather, clouds and storms. As long as they don’t get severe and cause damage, I really love them. Picture is near the Gnome home with new plantings.
    IMG_3652.jpeg

Oreti, Netty, marlingardener and 2 others like this.
  8. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Kay wow very enjoyable to look at your beautiful garden.

Oreti, Kay and Sjoerd like this.
  9. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

What Pac said !
    It looks so nice. You’ve got talent, that’s for sure.

Oreti and Kay like this.
  10. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Good Fourth of July to all you here in the States! Hope I don't offend the members from Britain. We are enjoying a sunny (hot) day, making simple lunch and dinner, and getting the cat inside before any of the surrounding farms set off fireworks.
    I love hearing about Thunder's antics, and how Netty copes. Makes me want to get a dog, but can you imagine Timi the cat's reaction?

11. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

@marlingardener nice to see you here. Sending you special blessings as Texas has experienced extreme heat, storms flooding , stay safe. AND…..to you and all of us in the US.
    IMG_1341.jpeg

Oreti and Sjoerd like this.
  12. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 19°C and overcast. It was sunny when I went for my puppy walk this morning, but clouds have since rolled in. Thunder has had breakfast and is now napping under my desk, and I have the first load of laundry in the washer. Lots to do today, and the grass needs cutting in the veggie garden area. My neighbor has visitors here from Florida and has asked if she can bring them by for a private garden tour. My garden isn't in its best shape due to all the rabbits, having a puppy and working full time but I agreed. Now the pressure is on to make it look better before they get here! haha Speaking of rabbits, I saw a fresh young one yesterday, so my problems are getting bigger. They are just getting better at hiding. There has been a coyote around so hopefully they are moving on.
    My Dad raised me to be what ever I wanted, and I wanted to be self sufficient! haha Seriously though, hubby is very handy and between the two of us we have been able to save lots over the years by doing things ourselves. I wish our kids payed more attention!
    Have a great day all :)

Oreti, Pacnorwest and Sjoerd like this.
  13. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Netty—From what I can see your dad did a great job. Not only are you a form of self-sufficiency, but you also have a level head on your shoulders. Good luck with passing your formidable qualities in to your kids. Sometimes it is not easy.

Oreti and Pacnorwest like this.
  14. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Watching EK voetbal…Ned vs Turkey. We are behind at the minute.

Oreti and Pacnorwest like this.
  15. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Sending winning vibes to the Netherlands. That is a lung busting game. :sete_018:

Netherlands won…. They live to fight another day..:setc_005:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2024
    Oreti and Sjoerd like this.