The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Netty— well done you! Woodjah lookit thaaaaaaaat! What a lovely thing that is. Two pounds is heavy. Now see wotya went an did— you made me all jealous. Chapeau, with a very deep bow. Thank you so much for that pic. I had a feeling you were hiding some good stuff there.

Do you use those big guys for concentrate or salads?

Oreti and Pacnorwest like this.
  2. Oreti

Oreti In Flower

My oh my @Netty ...that's a whopper!!!:eek:

Pacnorwest and Sjoerd like this.
  3. Daniel W

Daniel W Hardy Maple

Amazing tomato!

Pacnorwest, Oreti and Sjoerd like this.
  4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday evening all. Currently 18°C and overcast. It was overcast and cool all day. It was a nice change.
    Came home and I'm dealing with an excess of plums and tomatoes. I've packed a few goodie bags for tomorrow to share my harvest. Hopefully I can process excess this weekend.
    Tomorrow after work I will be baking a birthday Cheesecake for my sons birthday on Friday. He wants it to be a blueberry cheesecake.
    Excited that its almost the weekend!
    Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Sending birthday wishes to your son… Cheese cake Yumm.. have a great one Friday!

Sjoerd likes this.
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Netty— I am so excited to hear you are going to make a blueberry cheesecake. It is my favourite. That is one lucky boy.

Pacnorwest likes this.
  7. Clay_22

Clay_22 Young Pine

Summer is winding down looks like no more iced coffee in the morning switch back to hot LOL

Sjoerd likes this.
  8. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 20°C and overcast. We had a thunderstorm overnight, that watered the gardens and filled all the rain barrels back up. Weatherman says there is no chance of rain until next Friday, so that will be all used up by then.
    Lots to do this weekend, I'm feeling kinda overwhelmed! Tomatoes, plums to process and lots of garlic and onions to clean up for storage. I have potatoes that need digging up, grass that needs cut, laundry to do, skating registrations to process, a puppy that is full of beans, a greenhouse that is filthy, trees that need trimming ... the list goes on and on and on. I think I'll enjoy my coffee and make a plan of attack.

Pacnorwest and Sjoerd like this.
  9. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Netty I’m overwhelmed just reading your list. Reminds me too…as garden lists grow this time of year I hope you added some ‘Me Time ‘, too!

Sjoerd likes this.
  10. Oreti

Oreti In Flower

Morning all., Hope everyone

is keeping well.

All is quiet here...and calm!!
    After a hectic week of being here ,there and everywhere and also packing to go away for a week it now seems too relaxed!!

Unfortunately all our plans had to be cancelled very suddenly after my Hubs became ill and we had to call an ambulance in the very early hours of Friday morning. :(

He's back home here now but taking things very slowly, these episodes he gets very occasionally are extremely scary for him and for onlookers...me!! We managed it very calmly this time though and gradually increased his meds as instructed whenever he begins to feel bad but for some reason they had little to no effect so a hospital trip and ambulance were required.

After contacting our eldest to cancel our stay up in London....we discovered that in fact all 3 sons had booked us all a surprise long weekend in Paris!! We find it can be hard to arrange times that suit all to get together, they all lead hectic lives up in London so they had gone to a lot of planning to arrange for us all to enjoy this break away together. Sadly it all had to be cancelled.

The travel plans via Eurostar have been frozen and are on hold and we hope to with go later and see Paris and all it's Christmas decorations or go in April or May after my recovery from my surgery. We'll get there...eventually.:like:
    We were just so happy to be going up to London and seeing them all.....Paris was a real surprise bonus!!
    Our eldest had now chosen to come down here too look after us.....both!!!:) Bless him. We have been blessed with 3 amazing and thoughtful sons.:smt055

So hopefully we have a calm week in store to allow Hubs heart to calm down and resume normal behaviour and not give us any more scares.:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::stew1:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2024
    Sjoerd and Pacnorwest like this.
  11. Netty

Scary! Sending best wishes to you and Hubs Oreti!
    Good Sunday morning all. Currently 19°C and sunny. I didn't get much done on my list yesterday as DD wasnt home and I had to watch the puppy. I did get the first load of tomatoes done, and a batch of cowboy candy. Thunder helped me dig up the potatoes and pick beans, and do some weeding. Then I made a lasagna while he napped and got a few loads of laundry done. Today, we are baking some gluten, dairy and soy free cupcakes for my middle grandchilds birthday, and then heading over with some gifts.
    What is "me time" Pacnorwest? I think I vaguely remember something like that from before I had kids 30 years ago!
    We often make jokes about all the chairs in the seating areas we have throughout the yard that no one ever sits in haha

Sjoerd, Oreti and Pacnorwest like this.
  12. Daniel W

Daniel W Hardy Maple

Hope all goes well for your husband, and for you @Oreti. That was a rough time for you!

And frustrating to cancel or postpone your trip to Paris. That's a city I would also love to see, but wont. I hope you bet to go soon.

Sjoerd, Oreti and Pacnorwest like this.
  13. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Oreti saddened to hear of the health issues . It’s a scary situation mostly because it’s the first thing we dread at our age. Maybe going to Paris during the holidays could be a bit nicer to see all the holiday decorations. You can post us lots of pics. Sending healing prayers and gentle hugs your way and may the journey to recovery with DH go smoothly. Better health and healing blessing's sent across the pond. :heart:

Sjoerd and Oreti like this.
  14. Oreti

Oreti In Flower

Thank you @Netty , @Daniel W and @Pacnorwest for your very kind sentiments .

We've had a quiet and very welcomed uneventful day today just sitting ,chilling outside.

Hubs says he's not 100% back to feeling like his old self and still has concerns, we might call back at the Hospital this coming week if things don't improve on this higher dosage of his meds. I'm still optimistic that things will settle down as it still early days but obviously only he knows how he feels.

We have an easy week ahead , focusing on peaceful calmness only....everything else can wait.:):heart:xxx

Sjoerd, Daniel W and Pacnorwest like this.
  15. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently just 11°C and sunny with a brisk north wind. The high is only expected to reach 16°C today.
    Today is the Labour Day holiday, and so I have the day off. Its the last long weekend of summer, and the next one isn't until Thanksgiving in October.
    We had a great visit with grandson for his birthday yesterday. Today, its back to house chores, food prep and tomato sauce!

Sjoerd, Frank and Pacnorwest like this.