The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Marlene

Marlene Young Pine

Good Morning/afternoon everyone -- 68 and sunny and going up into the high 90's today. Already walked this morning. Not sure what my plans are today. Last weekend I tackled cleaning out the utility room. I'll see what I feel like. Enjoy your weekend.

2. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! I'm off to work. Should be busy today. It's Prescott Valley Days and it brings out all the people. May not have too many in the library but they put their books in the drop box. May have lots of kids what with the summer reading program. Charlie

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning all at GardenStew. Weather has picked up here and it's beaming down once again.

Current temps: 18 deg C / 64 deg F
    Currently listening to: RTE Radio 1 Ireland

Have a restful Sunday.

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add captions to Caption competition #57

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning all and it really is morning. :eek: I only get up this early about twice year. Going Blueberry picking today, how long we are gone will be determined by how hot it gets this afternoon. Supposed to be 91 here but where we are going is about two hours east of here and in the country so maybe it will be cooler without all the cars and concrete.

Advertisement
  5. arv

arv Seedling

36 deg C/ 96.8 def F here in Jerusalem and still rising :-(
    A lovely morning to you all .

6. Marlene

Marlene Young Pine

Good Morning/afternoon everyone -- 70 and sunny this morning. Going into the high 90's again this afternoon. Would be nice if we saw a nice shower today. Everything is so very dry. Hope you all have an enjoyable day.

7. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all! Currently sitting at 17°C and sunny. It will be getting really hot this week and there is no rain in the forecast. My gardens are terribly dry so it looks like I'll be dragging hoses today.
    Have a great day all :)

8. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Everything here is dripping wet and the forecast is for even more rain. I really wanted to finish sanding and staining the wood for the front garden so that the fence can be built but I suppose it'll just have to wait - again. :(

9. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Rain! Lovely rain! Its been so dry this spring, then the past two days its been raining! My plants definately needed it *nods*

Yesterday, I was by the mini barn, and I have a bird house hangning on the wall by a tree. I went to peek inside to see if there was anything, and a bird popped out! :D I think it was as startled by me as I was by it *lmbo* It flew off, but I hope it did make a nest ^_^ Itd be so cool to see babies!

10. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. Two days of rain and it is overcast and misty this morning. We really needed it so I won't complain. My husband is moaning that the grass will need mowed again. Not today though. Wannabe

11. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Sunny here again today but not as hot. Only 98 instead of 100. Only sunny days in the forecast, no clouds, no rain. I didn't water yesterday but I stuck my finger in the pots and after the first inch things were okay. But I will need to water this morning. What with all the talk of blueberries maybe I will use my "frozen" blueberries and make waffles for breakfast. Dooley

12. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning all! The sun has done its disappearing act again, sneaky 'little' thing. Speaking of the size of the sun have you ever seen the following photo before? It'll blow your mind:
    http://ixpats.com/bestoftheweb/wp-uploa ... arison.jpg

Current temps: 17 deg C / 63 deg F
    Currently listening to: RTE Radio 1 Ireland

Have a magnificent Monday.

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add captions to Caption competition #57

13. Marlene

Marlene Young Pine

Good Morning/afternoon everyone -- 72 and sunny this morning. Very muggy again this morning when I walked. No rain. Clouded up yesterday and got dark looking and I was sure we were going to get at least a little shower but nary a drop here. I have seen that photo Frank -- and it is amazing to see the proportions laid our like that. Have a great Monday

14. Chitweed

Chitweed In Flower

Good Morningtime!
    We have a chance of rain everday this week until Saturday! That is very unusual this time of year, but not a bad thing. :) Until it started raining about 4am, and Hubby remembered he left the car windows down.
    Hi of 84F

15. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Mornin peeps :) Im stuck here watching kiddie cartoons with my sisters daycare kids while she goes to look at a condo shes thinking about renting.

And I gotta get ready for work ^^