The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all you lovely GardenStew visitors and members. The sun's out but is joined by gusts of wind.

Current temps: 16 deg C / 61 deg F
    Currently listening to: RTE Radio 1 Ireland

Have a wonderful Friday.

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add captions to Caption competition #57 DECIDER II

2. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I just want to say 'stay safe' to all our English members as they are having dreadful weather at the moment. Flooding is rife in many counties so please take care all of you and get out of the house if the water levels rise too much - better to lose your possessions than your life!!

3. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning Sunny and cool here this morning. We got one inch of rain yesterday and no flooding here. There are so many areas of flooding so you all take care. Wannabe

4. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good morning from the North Woods. Bright sunshine and cool this morning. 52ºs going up to 74º later today. No wind as of yet, looks like a beautiful day today. Getting ready for some house guests next week, friends we haven't seen for 2 years. Should be a good time.

Tom

Advertisement
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning all, our rain appears to be letting up as it is bright and shiny this morning.

Not too far west of us, there was a major evacuation on Wednesday of people who live very near a river. Some people decided to stay but had to call for help on Thursday when they found themselves sitting on their roof tops to stay above the water. One couple still decided to stay but did let rescuers take their 5 grandchildren, the couple wanted to stay and protect their home.
    Now....they are sitting on the roof and the water is lapping at the edges of the roof...just what is there to protect at this moment??? AND why in heavens name did they not at least let the grandkids leave on Wednesday instead of putting them in danger? Some people just really are astounding in their stupidity.

6. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Sunny and hot here, no rain in sight! We may drown in dust though. Some dust devils get pretty big and you can't see or breathe if you get caught in one. Going to breakfast and to see if we can find any yard sales. Dooley

7. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Good Morning everyone .We didn't get rain yesterday a very little the day before.We do have thunderstorms in the forecast.Have a good day.

8. Chitweed

Chitweed In Flower

Good Morningtime!
    We have had an end to our heatwave as of last night. One of the biggest thunderstorms in my recent memory. Bam! Crash! Roar! all night long. I'm a little bleary eyed but all is well in the garden...I checked first thing in a.m.
    Gonna be a rainy 78F today.

9. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

10. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Good very early morning to all.I am up and dressed to head for work.My friend and co worker Janice ( she is a member on here even if she doesn't get in much)lost her sister to cancer.I will be working 7-3 today.Have a great day all.

11. bethie

bethie Young Pine

Good Morning all. Have to head to Cousin Cindy's to try and sort her computer out. She ignored ALL her security updates and now has a virus or something that has corrupted her e-mail. We worked on it last night and going back this morning. She is one inch away from needing a technician. I told her torun her virus ware or risk being Choked by a certain someone. Is it to early for threats?

12. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Currently sitting at 14°C and sunny.
    What a week! It is so dry here that I spent the entire week at work dragging hoses to keep the plants alive! I've managed to get a real good kink in my neck from it too! The weather was extremely hot and we were to have thunderstorms when the cold front moved in. Well guess what...the cold front moved in and NOTHING! Not a drop fell. There is no rain in the forecast for 7 days at least.
    Today I'm going to fiddle with my new camera. Expect some pictures later!!
    Have a great day all!

13. Marlene

Marlene Young Pine

Good Morning/afternoon everyone -- 71 and partly cloudy this morning. Very muggy when I walked this morning. We did get some rain from a quick thunderstorm last evening. Hope we get some more later today. Enjoy your weekend.

14. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Mornin peeps. Having a garage sale today. I had a little pot of Gladiolus bulbs (25 bulbs) for sale for 10 cents each, and my younger sister sold the whole thing for 10 cents! Including the pot, which wasnt for sale! ARRGGHH! So after I gave my sister a piece of my mind (a very small piece, I cant spare much *lol*), my older sister gave me $2, and said she'd have .50 for me later. She also apologized and said they'd pay more attention to how much stuff really costs :)

15. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. 64 and muggy here this morning but no rain today. We have nothing planned so will see what happens. Wannabe