The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Good morning and a Happy Thanksgiving.
    26 degr.F this morning. We got some snow over nite, just ground cover though. Time to go watch them parades, everyone have a great holiday.

2. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good Thanksgiving Morning From Wisconsin's North Woods. Bright and sunny 14 F (-10 C) this morning. We got a phone call from the kids at 7:30 this morning that they were on their way here. It's a 5 hour drive, if all goes well, so they should be here before half time of the Packer Game. Can't wait. We will be celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving to all, don't eat too much, and remember why we celebrate this day.
    Tom

3. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Cool here this morning, 35 and not going to get a lot warmer today. Wannabe

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good afternoon all. It's currently -4°C and snowing like crazy! The kids were happy to hear it was a "Snow day" today and they wouldn't have to go to school.
    I got the inspection on my woodstove today so I can finally light a fire! Yippee!
    Today my daughter turns 13. Already! Where does the time go?
    Have a great (Thanksgiving) day all :)

Advertisement
  5. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Gooood afternoon peeps :D Waiting for my sisters to get ready so we can go to our older sisters house for dinner :D I made a homemade pumpkin pie and a chocolate cake for the desserts :D

6. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Good Morning everyone

The storms let off a bit and so am I. I am resting today. No training for me today. It is sunshiny today. Temperatures expected for today 13 to 18 degrees Celsius

Listening to "This Time" from POD.

7. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good afternoon to you all. The time has come, what time you ask? Xmas present seeking time. Better to start now as I haven't a clue what to get anyone ;)

Currently listening to: RTE Radio 1 Ireland
    Current temps: 7 deg C / 45 deg F

Fun Friday greetings!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #83 DECIDER

8. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -10°C and sunny. We are expecting a bit more snow later and then the temperatures will rise above freezing for the weekend. That means the snow will melt and everything will be a sloppy, wet mess!
    Off to do errands this morning. Have a great day all :)

9. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good morning from the Wisconsin North Woods. The day after Thanksgiving, and all is well. It's a crisp, bright sunny morning here. 5 F (-15 C) this morning, and a fresh light snow cover on everything this morning. The air is very still. The lake is ice all the way across with small dark spots, where the springs are. But, best of all, our kids are here, and that makes it a very warm home here. A good day to you all, and a good day Christmas shopping to you as well.

Tom

10. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Overcast and cold here 36 degrees with a wind chill of 32, yep that is cold for here.
    Some parts of north and west Texas had snow yesterday, 3-8 inches in some places. We, on the other hand, were again just cold and dry :-?

No going out into the madhouse of xmas shopping for me I don't like all those crowds. We do know what we are going to get everyone but our shopping will begin next week after the initial rush.

11. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone.

Its cold and snowy here, more snow feel overnight and calling for more later today....like Netty, its -15 here.

12. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Good Friday morning to all. I hope noone ate toooo much yesterday. snow still on the ground from yesterday. very cold out, but the sun is shing and looks very pretty out. I'll be enjoying our Thanksgiving dinner with my family today. Have a nice day everyone.

13. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. 30 and cloudy. We had snow showers and flurries all of yesterday but the ground is to warm for it to stick. I have to make a visit to the Doc so need to get ready. You all have a nice day. Wannabe

14. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all at GardenStew :stew1: Temperatures have plummeted again, nearing zero.

Currently listening to: RTE Radio 1 Ireland
    Current temps: 2 deg C / 36 deg F

Enjoy your Saturday all!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #84

15. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. It's -7°C and overcast. This is the 3rd day with snow and I'm tired of it already! Winter doesn't even officially start until December 21st.
    I'll be cleaning house today and baking. My family will be over tomorrow to celebrate my daughters 13th birthday.
    Have a great day all :)