The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good Morning from Wisconsin's North Woods. 20° F (-6.67° C) and snowing. We too have had snow of some sort for the last 3 days. Not much accumulation however. The kids are still here, and will be for more than a week. I'm not used to so much activity here in the house, but I love it. 3 year old Alex has more energy than 10 of me, and he keeps on going like the Energizer Bunny. But I wouldn't trade this time for anything. A good and happy day to you all on this the busiest shopping week end of the year.
    Tom

2. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It's cold here this morning. Freezing, actually! Going up to 60, only. I think with Thanksgiving over, winter has arrived. Off to work where it is warmer than our house. dooley

3. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Good morning to all. 30 deg. F this morning. A day to sit back and relax. Have a good day.

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Upper 30's this morning, we have a light sprinkle happening outside so far, supposed to be rainy all weekend. Cold and rainy, two of my favorite words.

Advertisement
  5. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. Sunny and cool here today, 34 going up to 45.No wind rain or snow so doesn't feel to bad.Have a good shopping day. Wannabe

6. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Morning all, we've lost our snow. Yesterday was break-a-leg-slippery, but today no ice or snow anywhere. 3 deg C - 37 deg F and lots of wind and rain.

7. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 0°C with a strong south wind. I hope some of this snow disappears!
    Busy day ahead...my whole family will be here this afternoon. I'm going to try to dig up some more info for my family tree while they are here.
    Have a great day all :)

8. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hello all and good afternoon on this wet Malmö day. Found some Xmas pressie ideas yesterday but man is it ever difficult to keep it fresh year after year. Still a few more to find.

Currently listening to: RTE Radio 1 Ireland
    Current temps: 5 deg C / 41 deg F

Have a fantastic Sunday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add captions to Caption Competition #84

9. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good Morning from Wisconsin's North Woods. Hazy sun this morning 20 F (-6.67 C) To day is the last day of the gun deer hunting season, and the last day that poor Deputy needs to ware that Orange vest. I know he will be glad that it is over for another year. Now on with the pre Christmas season, Christmas carols on the radio, Christmas adds in the telly, The bell ringers at most large stores, Santa's, running around on the street corners, that flood of the same old Christmas movies on TV, Would the real Zuzu's pedals please stand up, Christmas trees popping up in most homes, and on and on, and I love it. I can almost hear Andy Williams singing, "it's the most wonderful time of the year". A good beginning to the Christmas season to all, and to all a good night. Or is that a little too much??

Tom

10. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Another cold and rainy day for us and I LOVE IT.

Tom, several radio stations here started playing nothing but Christmas music on Nov 1st and a lot of people in our neighborhood took down Halloween decorations on Nov 1st and put the Christmas stuff up the same day. But then most of our neighbors are from south of the border and this decorating thing is totally new to them so they really get into it.

11. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Good morning to all. 36 deg. F. It may be Christmas season, but I for one haven't started any shopping yet. Who has started theirs?

12. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. Rain and ?sleet this morning? A nasty day to be out but I need to go to the pharmacy then I'll just set in and relax. Chris went back to Ohio earlier this morning. Wannabe

13. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Good morning everybody

A cool day today - overcast and the weatherman predicted 13 to 18 degrees Celsius for today.

Droopy you were right - Toboggan is fun - I discovered a Toboggan park over the weekend. I could not help myself (The Stew makes me try a lot of new things) and also had to try it out.

14. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning all on this calm Malmö morning. Another week lies ahead, lots to do so will try to make a good start today :)

Currently listening to: DR Danish Radio
    Current temps: 5 deg C / 41 deg F

Have a brilliant start to your week!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add captions to Caption Competition #84

15. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning all.

As soon as I had posted my no-snow-report yesterday, we got a blizzard. It's still out there, on and off. One moment snow and strong winds, the next moment clear skies. So very typical of my area.

Temps are 2 deg C - 36 deg F.