The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Morning everyone.

We have a wicked storm moving through at the moment, same here, schools closed, roads closed.

2. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Its a very cold morning out there. The rain turning to ice and the wind making drifts makes for bad weather. over 100 schools are closed today. 24 degr. F and their still calling for more snow over nite again. If you're having better weather-enjoy your day.

3. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good Morning from Wisconsin's North Woods. The snow just keeps falling. Not nearly as hard as 2 nights ago, but since the heavy snows stopped, there has been a couple more inches fall in flurries. It's a winter wonderland. 15° F (-9° C) low last night, still hasn't gone above freezing and likely not again today. Looking up through the falling snow, I can see patches of blue, It sure would be nice if the sun made an appearance to day. Have a good one.

Tom

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all.
    Maybe I shouldn't tell you all this but our temperature reached 81 yesterday, tied for warmest Dec 2nd on record. That really doesn't make me happy.
    And it appears that this will be a very mild, warmer and dryer than normal winter for us. My plants may never get to take a winter's nap this year.
    As long as the mornings start out in the 40-50 degree range, giving me comfy weather for gardening I guess I can deal with the warm afternoons. I won't like them but I can deal with them.

Advertisement
  5. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. It is 29 and sunny but niot much wind and is 1 in the afternoon. We had to go pick up heart worm pills for our dog and go by the bank. I am going to put a roast in the oven with potatoes and carrots for our supper tonight. That means I'll eat to much. Have a good day. Wannabe

6. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning my dears, I feel all fuzzy and mellow this morning. Must be all the decorations I'm surrounded by...

We've got +4 deg C - 39 deg F and rain after a few days of frost. Nice!

I'm off to get my back treated, need to cut some green for the door wreath afterwards, and I've got the last Potter-book, so I might not see much of you for the next couple of days.

Enjoy your day!

7. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning to all. A jet blue sky greeted me upon awakening, could be a good day :) So close to getting the Xmas shopping done now.

Currently listening to: P2 Sverige
    Current temps: 5 deg C / 41 deg F

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add captions to Caption Competition #85 Poll

8. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -8°C and still windy. At the moment the sun is trying to peek out, but there are still snow squalls expected later today. I was surprised that the school buses were running. This weather seems more like what we get in February!
    Droopy-Hope you enjoy the last Potter book as much as I did :)
    Have a great day all.

9. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Hi everyone

Sunshiny yet again - I am having a lazy day nursing my back, I hurt it lifting a rock that was a bit too heavy. :'( .

I should get better soon since I have seen the physiotherapist and had some treatment.

Have a lovely Tuesday.

10. petunia

petunia Young Pine

mroning evryone. Well atleast the kids are back in school. Temp today is 24 degr. F. We should be staying the 20's about all week. Staying inside and keeping warm. Have yourself a nice day.

11. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning, its another snowday here, cold, blustery and snowsqualls, at times i cant see across the street!!

12. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good Morning from Wisconsin's north woods, where the sub-continental divide passes with in a couple miles of here. The waters in the rivers and streams flow north to Lake Superior on the north side, and they flow south to the mighty Mississippi or Lake Michigan on the south side. It is now day 6 that we have been continually under freezing, 12 F (-11 C) at this time, with a high predicted in the mid 20's F. Gray skies, and some snow flakes in the air, nothing much expected though, maybe 2 to 3 inches more. We have February going here, in December. Does that mean that spring is just around the corner ??, keep dreaming Tom, just have to wait it out I guess.
    Tom

13. Penny

Penny Young Pine

[​IMG]
    Thats my back yard taken this morning, and to the left of the shed is my veggiebox, thats 3 1/2 feet high, and across the back is my flower box, and its only visible from the top board too!!

14. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Sunny with a very few clouds scattered about, started in the upper 30's going to almost 70 this afternoon.

Penny, I loved your shed in the first picture you posted of it, but I really love it now in the snow.

15. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Thanks Toni, it was built by some local Mennonites, i have some little twinkle lights on it for night time.