The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It's cold here this morning but no snow or rain at the moment. It's partly sunny and partly cloudy out. The forecast calls for some showers this afternoon and snow flurries tonight. Hopefully not where I am. Have a good day. dooley

2. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning all, 0 deg C - 32 deg F today, and maybe later we'll have some snow. Since I can't garden, snow is fine. It's so dark too, so I welcome everything that brightens the day.

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good afternoon/morning to all! Temperatures are starting to go south once more, will I finally see any snow in Sweden before I return for my annual Irish Xmas? Stay tuned.

Currently listening to: P3 Radio Sverige
    Current temps: 4 deg C / 39 deg F

Wednesday wonder to all!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #86 DECIDER

4. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

A bright and sunny Wisconsin North Woods good morning to you all. 3 F (-16 C) and not a hint of wind. The smoke from the furnace vent just drifts straight up. Mimi is going riding this morning, and I may just set up some of the outdoor Christmas decorations. Thinking about those south of here and the terrible ice storms, hope you all come through ok.
    Tom

Advertisement
  5. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning, its sunny and cool here, we had a little rain overnight, so its really icy out there.
    Have a great day everyone.

6. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It's only 27 out but the sun is shining so it should warm up. dr has a fire going in the stove so I should take my tea and sit in there. No snow yesterday. It showered a little in the am and now I think the storm system has left us. Hopefully it will warm up a little but I can't wait for summer. dooley

7. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. It's a cool 31 but no rain and ice today and most of the old stuff has melted. It is to start over tonight though. Going out to lunch with friends and the grandkids. That should be fun. Wannabe

8. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good day all. Currently sitting on the freezing mark and starting to snow. I had a brand new experience this morning. My neighbor called and asked me to meet someone in his barn to brand his horses as he was held up and couldn't get there on time. I had to hold the horses while they were freeze branded!! Luckily it all worked out well...phew!
    Have a great day all :)

9. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning all, we're suddenly out of frost. It's 7 deg C - 45 deg F and windy, but dry. So far. Wonder what happened to our half-promised snow fall?

Today is Lucia-day, which is celebrated in all kindergartens and schools. Here is a link showing how they do it in Sweden: Saint Lucia

10. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Gooood morning to all at GardenStew. Droopy I'm still trying to catch up on the Swedish traditions but I have heard of Lucia. I've never seen it however but the candle wearing aspect would be very interesting to view. Temperatures dropping again.

Currently listening to: P3 Radio Sverige
    Current temps: 2 deg C / 36 deg F

Have a great Thursday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #86 DECIDER

11. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone, its around 0 here as well and starting to snow, calling for squalls later today in my area of the Bay.

12. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Good morning. Very chilly again today. 25 degr. F and overcast. will be busy this weekend getting our tree up, hopefully to be done by Sunday. But today is catch up day. Housework and laundry and all that fun stuff. Enjoy your day.

13. zuzu's petals

zuzu's petals Silly Old Bat Plants Contributor

G'mornin' all ~ Our warm temperatures are still holding on,
    it's 61°F/16°C at half past 9 this morning, it was very foggy earlier,
    but it's nearly gone now - expecting the high to be about 70°F/21°C today.

Was out in my jammies earlier, walking around the yard with my cup of tea,
    the trees were so wet from the thick fog that it was dripping down like rain. :)

:rolleyes: Oh, how I miss rain!!

14. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. 31 this morning with a high to be 33. We are having off and on again snow showers. I need to run to Springfield this morning and home again for another appointment this afternoon. It seems life is on the go all the time. Have a good day. Wannabe

15. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning all. After three days of very nice cool, rainy weather it will be sunny later today and in the 55 degree range...before another system moves in tomorrow.

Amanda and I are heading out in a couple of hours for a day long shopping marathon. I know that by the time we get home I will be more than certain that next year my shopping will be done online. But at least we aren't going on the weekend with thousands of other shoppers.