The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning!I'm up and DR made a big pot of tea for me. Need to get the zucchini jam started soon so we can do other things with the rest of the day. Dooley

2. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

It was "cool" here this morning. I don't know how cool it got overnight but it was 44 at 8:30. It is 3:30 now and it is 54. It is time to look for a sweater or jacket as it is overcast and showery so feels real cool now. Wannabe

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good Saturday mornin' (afternoon :rolleyes:) on this the last day of September. Are you sad to see it go? I always thought October to be a bit of a strange month, neither here nor there. Maybe there was a gnome-hunting day in October way back when :eek:

Hope your day is full of surprises!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add your captions to to Caption Competition #16

4. reggaefan

reggaefan Official Poet Laureate

Ever since last September with hurricanes Rita and Katrina my favorite song has been" Wake me up when September ends" by Green Day it became the unoffical anthem of the gulf coast last year. Pretty day today however I slept in today it is 6:30 am in Louisiana. My football team ( Louisiana State University) play on TV today so it would be a good day for me no matter what. GO TIGERS

Advertisement
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning all, I am very seldom sad to see the end of Sept. This is the first Sept in many years when the weather was not just a continuation of the heat of July and August.

I am planning on playing in the dirt for a while this morning, doing some knitting on a Harry Potter scarf for a christmas gift and then Austin and Nicky will be here later this afternoon for a few hours.

6. Marlene

Marlene Young Pine

Good Morning/afternoon -- Warmer this morning - 52 degrees. Kind of a partly cloudy morning. Another week has flown by and it doesn't seem possible this is the end of September. Guess I better get busy, I'm running a little behind this morning -- just being lazy I guess. Have a great day.
    [​IMG]

7. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Good Morning all. It is a beautiful day in Louisiana. I work all weekend, so I will be off Mon and Tue., my weekend. Toni I agree with you about September this year. It was nice without all the heat.

8. Frank

It's October already!

...ahem sorry just looked at my calendar :rolleyes:

Good morning all on this 1st October A spot of thunder and lightning last night but nothing too bad. Weather is definitely changing. Current temp: 13 deg C / 55 deg F

Enjoy your Sunday!

Stew Noticeboard

9. reggaefan

reggaefan Official Poet Laureate

When the children were younger this was my favorite month uor Parish fair (County Fair in the rest of the U.S.is this month. It is a beautiful crisp morning in La.

10. Marlene

Marlene Young Pine

Good Morning/afternoon everyone. Had a some rain, thunder and lightening here last night (well I guess it was this morning about 1 a.m.) too. A little overcast first thing this morning, but I do see the sun peeping through now. Haven't been out yet this morning but it is about 61 according to the weatherman.

11. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

Good morning all. We are back from Eureka Springs, AR. No house could be found, but that's OK because the population is not large enough to support a therapist's practice. Checked out Hot Springs, about 30,000 people. Some of them must need help through a crisis of some sort or another. Good to be home. Weather is cooler, for sure.

12. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning all.
    I woke up to 73 degrees and 73 percent humidity....I am not going out back this morning. Upper 90's yesterday with a repeat performance scheduled for today and all week for that matter. And once again we are in the No Rain pattern until at least mid-October.

I will try not to whine as much as I did last summer, but you may here me whimper once in a while :'(

13. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

Good morning, good morning! Lovely, fresh and sunny here with wisps of cloud near the top of the mountain, about 50 outside with the sun only halfway up the trees. Should be a nice warm afternoon for digging in some snowdrop bulbs. I'm off to church - my turn to sing up front again. Have a nice day, all!

14. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It's sunny and going to be hot! It's already near 80F. We went to the buffet place for breakfast. They have a chef making to order omelets. They come out huge. I brought half of mine home for Chance. I'm going out to do some yard work now. I bought some vitamin B solution and I'm going to do some cuttings of my rosemary bush. Dooley

15. Frank

Good morning to all Stewbies on this the 2nd October Not so good morning here I'm afraid as I'm having a spot of computer trouble :( So apologies I was absent last night and maybe most of today too. *sigh*

But you folks have a great one!

Stew Noticeboard