The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. kaseylib

kaseylib Young Pine

My sister-in-law is from Scotland (now living here in the U.S.) and we'll be visiting there this summer with her. I can't wait to see the country and visit with her relatives, but I'm afraid I'll have to taste this dish.

:smt019 :smt019 :smt019 :smt019 :smt019 :smt019

2. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Good morning everybody

A lovely day here. I still need to do some running before the sun gets too harsh. We are expecting a high of 33 degrees Celsius and it is already 24 degrees.

Haggis - Gosh Frank.

3. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning, we're on 0 deg C - 32 deg F and we will have sunshine. We've even got a little crust of snow. It resembles winter. About time too. :)

4. SongofJoy57

SongofJoy57 In Flower

I wonder if it is similar to the dressing we eat here in the south . . . is there any sage, black pepper, or poultry seasoning in it??? (Of course we use poultry liver, gizzards, and heart.) I personally do not care for lamp or goat . . . so I don't know if I would care for it or not.
    :rolleyes:

It is 30 F here today with a high getting to 38F maybe. I am on the grand jury until July 1, so that is where I will be today . . . going to work for a couple of hours first. Have a very blessed day. SoJ

Advertisement
  5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning / afternoon all at GardenStew. The sun is shining yet again and there is a definite freshness in the air. I love it!

Hmmm maybe you will you'll have to ask Eileen about that one SOJ. She may know what is traditionally used. Why not start a new topic in the Recipes and Cooking forum :)

Current temps: 3 deg C / 37 deg F

Have a fantastic Tuesday all!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add captions to Caption Competition #94

6. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Snow, snow, snow, does it ever stop. we've gotten another 4-5 inches again over nite and is still lightly coming down. Suppose to lighten up to lake affect today. 14 degr.F. some running around of chores today. Have a good day.

7. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone.

Still snowing here but its not as cold, thankfully!!!

8. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good Morning from Wisconsin's great North Woods. Wow, we are having a warm up here, 0 F (-18 C) Clear Blue skies and brilliant sunshine this morning. The furnaces actually stopped operating for a while this morning.

Haggis, I was watching a movie last night, A 1989 film, "The January Man" with Kevin Kline, at the end of the film Kevin Kline invites Mary Elizabeth Mastrentonio to his house for a dinner that he will prepare, Haggis. He describes it the same as you did, Frank. Small world.
    Tom

9. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. It is 22 and snowing here today. Also some freezing rain. We need to run errands but may do that tomorrow. Have a good day. Wannabe

10. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Sunny here today but we're looking at rain Thursday through Tuesday. Snow in the higher altitudes. Yikes! Probably some where I work that we'll have to drive through. dooley

11. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -3°C and overcast. We had heavy snow falling this morning and I have never seen so many birds at my feeder. They completely emptied it in a few hours!
    Haggis? Oh my! I remember when I was a waitress and worked a Robbie Burns dinner. They paraded the Haggis around like royalty before eating it. I remember thinking Haggis was something I DIDN'T want to try! LOL
    Have a great day all :)

12. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Good morning everyone

We are in for another great day. Temperatures are expected to reach 30 degrees Celsius yet again. The weatherman says that by Monday only will it get a bit cooler. I wish I could tan a bit - all that happens is that I turn red even in the shade.

Have a great Wednesday.

13. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning, our small amount of snow is melting away fast. We've got 7 deg C - 45 deg F and strong wind, and the forecast said more of the same through the week-end. This winter has been a joke so far.

14. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Morning everyone.

Its actually not too bad here today and its not snowing, so thats even better!

15. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -9°C and sunny with a brisk wind.
    We have lots of laundry to do today!
    Have a great day all :)