The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Just above freezing here, birdbaths are still frozen solid. We might even get some freezing rain or sleet tomorrow evening.
    No plans for today and I like it that way.

2. petunia

petunia Young Pine

No 'good morning' from Frank yet. Hope your feeling o.k. Our morning hasn't started out the best-my son got his car hit in the school parking lot. He's o.k. but will have to bend the dig out to drive it. Anyway its 12 degrF. Sunny but still cold. Have a good day.

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Lol I thought I had, silly me. Well here it is, good morning /afternoon all! Raining down here after two splendid days. Oh well.

Current temps: 3 deg C / 37 deg F

Have a good one!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #94 Poll

4. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. Sunny, windy and cold,22.A warm up to about 30 today and then we hit the deep freeze for a few days. January is almost gone then we have a 29 day February. Have a good day. Wannabe

Advertisement
  5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Sunny and 50's today. Hauled up wood and filled the wood boxes. dr says we'll cut some more or split some more later today. Going to the post office. Not much more planned. Rain still forecast for Friday and Saturday and maybe Sunday. Good deal! dooley

6. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good Morning / Afternoon from Wisconsin's North Woods. Got going late today, was -18 F (-28C) over night, but went up fast after the sun came out, +5 F (-15C) at this time. I hate to say it, but I think that I'm getting used to the cold, I went up to the garage without a coat, and didn't mind it at all.
    Tom

7. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Good morning everyone

Lovely day to all of you.

We are expecting high temperatures yet again. My garden can sure do with some rain. (Ouch - My water bill is quite high this month.)

8. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

At 4 deg C - 39 deg F and rain coming in sideways I'd hardly call this morning "good". But, I'll make it a good day, no matter what! I've got a new jigsaw puzzle and a couple of new magazines, lots of coffee and warm clothes. After a couple of hours outside I'll snuggle up in a thick blanket and find something fun to do with the girls. Enjoy your thursday.

9. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Gooood morning / afternoon all from a lightly-warmer-than-yesterday Malmö. Lots to do on my new project so better grab a cuppa and get stuck into it :stew2:

Current temps: 8 deg C / 46 deg F

Thursday greetings to you.

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #94 Poll

10. petunia

petunia Young Pine

coold morning here. 5 deg F. The poor dogs were limping this morning as they went for their walk. The snow was cold on their little paws. Good day to stay inside and stay warm. Have a good day.

11. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good Morning from Wisconsin's North Woods. Bright sunshine this morning, and cold. -22° F (-30° C) low last night, hopefully 5 or 6 above later today. Not much new snow, just the same old 2 feet or so, still on the ground. It doesn't usually snow much when it gets this cold, so I'm wondering what we have in store in a few days, when the temperature gets warmer. More snow?? If it's not one thing, it's another. Anyway, the day is beautiful, and I'm going to enjoy it, cold or no cold. I hope you can too.
    Tom

12. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. Cold here this morning, minus 2 with wind chills -5 to -10. I have to go out this afternoon so hope it warms up a bit. Have a good day. Wannabe

13. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Around 28 when I got up this morning. Bright sunshine out today, the kind that hurts your eyes just looking out the window.

The DFW area will be at a complete standstill tomorrow morning. We are under a Winter Storm Watch for tonight thru early afternoon tomorrow....meaning we are in for an ice storm. Not expected to be a really bad one but it doesn't take much to shut things down.
    We KNOW we do not know how to drive on ice, it's the newer residents from up north who think they do and there are usually dozens of cars in ditches along the highways because of it, not to mention the accidents.

14. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! If you believe yahoo weather it's 27 degs and raining outside. If I look out the window, it's 36 degs and the ground is dry. It is totally overcast though and rain is in the forecast for morning, quitting by early afternoon. That forecast changes about every 10 minutes so looking out the window is probably more accurate. Have a nice day everyone. dooley

15. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

Good morning- got so cold that DS's car engine siezed up! He had to take my car so looks like a trip into town later to swap them out is in order. And a new jug of antifreeze. And a lemon to make Toni's bread recipe!