The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Its the 1st Of Febr.
    Where did January go to? seems like the year is already flying by.
    Its about 20 degrF. today. Kids are back in school, though we had about 4 inches of new snow over nite. and snow lightly coming down now. Think I'll go get a cup of coffee-have a good day.

2. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good? Morning. We have 9.5 inches of snow on the ground and it is still snowing. South of us 10 mile they have 13.5, and north of us they have 6.5. No schools and not much traffic about today. Happy Feb. 1st. and have a good day. Wannabe

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all and happy February. The birdbaths are frozen this morning but the sun is shinny and the winds are just starting to pickup again. Not supposed to be as windy today as the last three days but the threat of wildfires is still with us.

4. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

Good morning! Just a bit of ice here, and clear so I can see Capitol Peak which is quite snowy. Unbelievable amounts of snow are hitting the passes, and the route from one side of the state to the other is totally shut down due to avalanches- crazy winter! Very hard to relate to wildfire threats, Toni!

Advertisement
  5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning / afternoon all Stewbies, sun is shining here in Malmö. Quite a pleasant day so far. Finished m first week of Swedish, I love it and it is helping lots.

Current temps: 4 deg C / 39 deg F

Have a top Saturday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Pic Of The Month - February 2008 Poll

6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -4°C and overcast. We have a few inches of fresh snow this morning, but milder weather is on its way. This will be the 3rd big meltdown this year and I can't help but wonder what will happen with my more tender perennials this season. Will they survive all these extreme changes in the temperature? I guess only time will tell...
    Have a great day all :)

7. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Off to work today. dr is going to the flea market. It's partly cloudy and frosty this morning but will warm up some. Rain is for tomorrow and Monday. Have a nice day. dooley

8. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

Good Icey Morning here in Pennsylvania ..
    Were having Groundhog stew for dinner.....

:oops: :oops: :oops:

9. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Good morning. lightly snowing again. 23 degF. Looks like by goundhog phil, we'll be getting 6 more weeks of this lovely weather. Have a happy groundhogs day.

10. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good afternoon all, we've got snow! A mere three inches, 7-8 cm, but nevertheless, it's white outside. Forecast says rain again tomorrow, but I'm not believing it until I see it.

11. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. Sunny and already 27 here today so maybe some snow will melt. They already posted flood warnins for Monday and Tuesday. The river is already high and with all this snow melt and rain we will flood somewhere. Have a nice weekend. Wannabe

12. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Hi everyone

Hope you all had a great day. I will only be going for my swim now. During the day it was just too hot and I would have burnt in the sun and maybe resembled a turkey.

13. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good Morning/ Afternoon from frosty Wisconsin's North Woods. Snowing this morning, and 24° F (-4°C) perfect start for our ("Three Bear Sled Dog Races") sled dog races today and tomorrow, here in Land O' Lakes. We went to town for breakfast this morning, and the town was hopping. Had to wait for a table at the Pine Cone Cafe. On the drive home, had to wait for racing sleds to cross the highway. It looked like lots of fun for all.
    Tom

14. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning, it's still white outside, but to no use for us. Our youngest has a fever and headache, probably the flu. I'm wondering what will last longest, her flu or the snow outside.

It's only -1 deg C/30 deg F and grey. Maybe we'll have some more snow.

I'd like to take a swim with Palm Tree now.

15. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

You are most welcome to join me Droopy. I am sorry to hear about the flu getting to your young one.

Good morning everyone. We have a little cloud cover today, and it is lovely to be outside. Temperature of 29 degrees Celsius expected.

Have a great Sunday.