The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good Morning from Wisconsin's North Woods. Hazy clouds with patches of blue, and flurries, this morning. 10 F (-12 C) now, getting warmer later. Yesterday there was melting, as the temp went over freezing . We actually have pavement on the roads under that long lasting ice and snow, and some showed up yesterday. We have been driving on snowy roads for months. Dry pavement is a nice change.

Tom

2. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Sunny and warm here today. I'll finish my Pooh quilt blocks today I think. Then, I can finish it and send it off. dooley

3. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Good chilly morning.We got to 85 degrees here yesterday.That was hot and then during the night it went to about 32 degrees.It blew through here sround 9:45 pm last night.Really high winds and we still have the wind blowing fairly high this morning.

4. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

Good morning! Chilly here, but the rain should hold off till tomorrow. Having major car troubles so I had to cancel out my job for the week- I'll spend the days getting garden beds ready.

Advertisement
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Yesterday was 88 degrees here, today we might reach the mid-50's. State wide burn ban still in effect and high fire threat today with the winds so strong.

I think my being away from home has eased up for a few days....at least I hope. And of course the weather over the last 4 days was perfect for playing in the garden, today I am free and it is too cool and windy to get out there.

6. mtathome

mtathome Seedling

Glendann, what an extreme change in temperature!

Not bad here this morning, overcast again with a little blue showing. Some eagles flying around the trees.

I'm working all day today, nothing fun planned!

7. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Hello everyone

Frank - I hope you are still OK - That is a major freak storm that hit Sweden last night with hurricane strong winds and all - trees felled by the wind :eek: - it made the news here.
    And all the Florida Stewbies - I hope the authorities can restore power soon as that is a major blackout that affects so many people.
    We are OK here nothing that big happened here for quite some time and I hope that it stays that way.

8. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning all, a dull slightly windy day here today.

Thanks for asking Palm but there was no sign of it down here in the south. I could have been further north but I have watched any TV reports yesterday.

Current temps: 7 deg C / 45 deg F

Have a great Wednesday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #101 Poll

9. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all. It's a cold one today! Wind chills of -27°C, but at least the sun is shining. Weatherman says we will have 2 days of cold and then back to seasonal temperatures.
    22 days until spring!!!!
    Have a great day all :)

10. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good morning from Wisconsin's North Woods. Bright hazy sky this morning. Flurries in the air, and the sun trying to get through. 0 F (-18 C) going up to the upper 20s today. The cold just keeps dragging on and old man winter won't loosen his grip on us. Oh well, it's still February, so what do I expect.

Tom

11. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. We are in that transitional time between winter and spring....one day it is warm, the next cold, the next hot and then we have a freeze.
    It was 88-90 in my area on Monday, yesterday we reached only 54 and this morning the water in the birdbaths is frozen solid. Good bronchitis causing weather.

12. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It's sunny here this morning but going to about 70 degs. It was hot in the library last night. They can't decide whether to set the heat or the a/c. It's that time of year. dooley

13. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. It is 24 and sunny today but had 3 inches of snow yesterday. It is the "mushy" kind that should melt fast if the temps go a little higher. Today is a stay at home day so not much planned. Have a good day. Wannabe

14. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

Good morning! Chilly and lightly overcast in Western Washington. Son's head gasket blew, so we are towing the car home for proper burial today. Guess it's time to get better at driving Daffodil since we are down one car :(

15. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Good morning Stewbies
    We are having a lovely cool day here.
    Expected temeprature 18 to 26 degrees Celsius.
    Great weather for swimming.
    Have a good day all.