The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Sapphire

Sapphire Seedling

GOOOOOD MORNIIIING!!! Well its a little dreary and cold here and supposed to get ice and snow, but I plan to make it useful by being forced to stay in and clean my daughter's room..YAY! =P

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently 4°C and overcast with scattered showers. It is really quite a gloomy day so I plan on cleaning all day.
    Have a great day all :)

3. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. It is 36 and rainy with thunderstorms during the night. This afternoon we are to have a wintery mix and tonight and tomorrow 4-6 inches of snow are forecast. Is this winters last hurrah? I still have the crud so ecept for a trip to the store I plan on staying in today--and tomorrow. You all have a good day. Wannabe

4. Chele

Chele New Seed

Good morning everyone. Here we're 54.1 °F / 12 °C - overcast, it rained this morning just as I was heading out the door for work so of course traffic was terrible :) ah well it is monday

Advertisement
  5. petunia

petunia Young Pine

good morning. Raining all through the nite and this morning. But it will be turning into snow. Again, no schools for alot because the rain made for icey and slippery roads. 32 degrF. Very wet and dull today. Enjoy your Monday.

6. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It's cold and windy here this morning. dr and I both have the crud. I think we must have gotten it from Wannabe. I think I will stay home from work today. dooley

7. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

A North Woods good morning to you all. Patchy clouds, and lots of sun this morning, 15 F (-9C) and rising. It made it into the 40s yesterday, and for the first time we had water running out of the downspouts. It doesn't look as though the snow level went down much, but it's a start. It's Mimi's birthday to day, so happy birthday to my wife.
    Tom

8. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning my dears, I've got snow and small storm, and it's chilly this morning. -1 deg C/30 deg F.

The winds are about 22 meters per second/49,2 miles per hour and about 10 cm/4 inches of snow, so it's not too bad really. But it's March, for crying out loud! I cancelled the rest of this weird winter, but it must have gotten lost in the mail.

To cheer me up, I'm listening to Chris de Burgh's In a Country Churchyard.

Enjoy your day, hope it's a lot better than mine!

How did your bodypart test go, Frank?

9. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning to you all. Sun is shining here so I'm not seeing the strange March weather that others are reporting. Droopy my test went jättebra, thanks for asking!

Current temps: 4 deg C / 39 deg F

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #102 Poll

10. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Well we didn't get the 2-4 in. of snow thank goodness. Today is 16 degrF. They say it'll be a nice easy day with sunshine and rising to 28 degF. Think I'll sit back and enjoy the sunshine. enjoy your day.

11. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Winter can come to a sucessful end now, we had snow. Not much in comparison to what some of you have but for here that is snow. So let Spring begin, I had snow this winter. :stew1: :stew1:

12. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! 30 degs and sunny this morning. Going up to 60. No wind so if I just felt better it would be a nice day. This spring crud is the worst kind.
    Wannabe is still sick, too. I guess we didn't get it from her since she is still sick and she lives a thousand miles away. dooley

13. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

A bright and shining good morning from Wisconsin's North Woods. The sun is out, and the sky is blue, We're thinking spring, but that's not new. There's snow a plenty, and the lake's still froze, it's 10 below, I guess that's the way it goes. Think Spring

Tom

14. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -4°C with sunshine and a light wind. The temperature reached +12°C yesterday and we had rain so the front yard is under water again. Winter storm warning again for tonight so I spent the morning outside and stocked up on firewood. Later I'm going to sit down and do my taxes. I'm hoping I'll get enough back to buy that patio set I've got my eye on. But I'm not holding my breath...
    Glad you got your snow Toni.
    Have a great day all :)

15. LilyPlanter77351

LilyPlanter77351 Seedling

It's bright and sunny here in Livingston, TX. I hope you are all having a wonderful morning! The freeze that I worried over never came the low was 39F last night though it did feel much colder. Just when I thought Spring had finally arrived, we have more freezing temperatures predicted for later this week accompanied by thunderstorms. I suppose I shouldn't have been so hasty in putting in those beans, I hope they make it but it's not looking too good. At least the sun is making a stand though it's supposed to warm up to 62F today and get back up into the 70s tommorow before dropping to highs in the 50s later in the week. Maybe this will be the last hurrah for winter, I really do hope so!