The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Good morning all.
    Palm Tree. Please don't jump weather so quickly, :) (Though where your at I do understand the differance in the weather situation.) some of us aren't even out of snow on the ground. In fact we're having more snow come down as I write. We would be happy for spring to get here so we can get to our gardens to work in it. 27 degF this morning. Still have ice in our drive and was stuck in another driveway yesterday because of ice. Have a nice day.

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Another overcast day here and do you remember seeing the pictures of what was covering my garden for about 3 hours Monday night????? It seems it was so well received during that short visit that it hopes to make a second appearance this evening, maybe even bringing some friends with plans for providing more fulfilling coverage of the area. ;)

3. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. It is 29 and sunny out today. I feel better, it was the peppermint tea that did it Toni. Have a good day Wannabe

4. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I did get most everything plant this morning now the sun is out .Just in time for the front to move in.Have a good day all.
    Toni its in our forecast for tonight.I don't even dare repeat the word.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday afternoon all. Currently +3°C with sun and cloud. We will be getting more snow tonight and tomorrow too. A year ago today it was -28°C and the coldest March 6 on record. I think I'll take the snow...
    Have a great day all :)

6. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Morning everyone
    My apologies Petunia - I just cannot wait for our usual slightly cooler weather. my poor plants are suffering in the heat. I really need to get more waterwise in my gardening.
    Todays expected temp: 33 degrees Celsius.
    I did my running already and watered the whole garden, and now I want to start preparing a list of all hobs required to grow some winter veggies.

7. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning all. We went to the Easter school play yesterday. Ida sang solo and did well, and poor Judas got so exited he threw up. I've got a cold in my left half of my face, and the head feels like cotton. Brain isn't working either. Temps are 1 deg C/34 deg F and it's grey.

8. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning to all Stewbies and Stew visitors. Air is fresh and crisp this morning, looks to be a nice day ahead.

Oh dear Droopy but well done to Ida.

Current temps: 7 deg C / 45 deg F

Have a wonderful Friday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #103

9. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all. Currently -4°C and overcast. I think this is the calm before the storm. Another winter storm is on it's way. It is predicted to last 36 hours and bring strong winds and anywhere between 20-50 cm of snow. More and more Texas sounds like the place to be LOL
    Have a great day all :)

10. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Right at the freezing mark outside but the sun is shinning brightly which should warm us up to the mid-40's later today.

To take my mind off our lack of snow yesterday we are going thrift store shopping this afternoon. Poor substitute but it will have to do.

Netty, if you decide to move to Texas to escape the snow I would recommend Dallas County. We seem to be the snowless capital of Texas lately. :rolleyes:

11. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Good snowy morning to all.Its snow everywhere here at my house :( I wish toni had got it instead of us.Kuntrygal is getting sleet.It was sleeting in Houston.Thats unusual too.

12. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Good morning. Just getting ready to get some shopping done. 12 degrF out at the moment. Should rise to 21 DegF well at least its sunshining making it appear like its warm. :) catch ya'll later-shopping day today.

13. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It's sunny and supposed to be in upper 60's today. I'm going to venture out and see how it goes. I haven't been out all week except to the post office. I may go back to work tomorrow. Have a nice day. dooley

14. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

A very good morning to you all from Wisconsin's North Woods. -20F (-29C) when I got up this AM, bright sunshine, and billowy white clouds floating across the sky. At this rate the snow might be melted by July 4th. But it's fish fry Friday, and we are going to town to get together with some friends this morning. Have a good day.

Tom

15. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good early afternoon. It is 31 and very windy but we have intermittant sun. We are staying in today. Have a good one. Wannabe