The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Good morning everyone.
    I am just wondering could this be the beginning of autumn here. It was cooler than the usual yesterday with a wee bit of drizzle and it stayed cool even today with the sun just peeking every now and then.
    The temperature is only 24 degrees C. (Nice) 8)

CP - Poor pansies - they are such lovely little flowers.

2. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning, yesterday the first bumble bee buzzed about in the garden. This year's First-list is getting longer by the day. We've got 8 deg C/46 deg F and rising.

I find it funny that Palm Tree is waiting for autumn. What a wonderful world! :D

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning to all, a bit cooler today with not much sunlight. I mentioned at the weekend that Ireland was in for some rough weather but I don't think they actually got it. Lucky for them :stew1: Off to make a mug o' tea!

Current temps: 5 deg C / 41 deg F

Have a joyful Wednesday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add captions to Caption Competition #104

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -3°C and overcast. We had a fresh 5 cm of snow this morning which put me immediately into a bad mood :scheming:
    Today I will trudge thru the snow to my garden shed and get some pots and then transplant some of my houseplants. Then maybe I'll pot up my Dahlia's, Begonia's and Canna's. I NEED to do something fun to cheer me up! I'm SO sick of winter.
    Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Good morning all. Just a comment along with Droopy. I'm no good with geography so my knowledgable hubby explains to me that Palm tree is just the opposite from most of us. she's going into her fall/winter as most of us are waiting for our spring/summer. If nothing else I like learning about the differant places of the world on here as well as gardening.
    Sunshining today. Hopefully with all this sunshine we been having, it would seem it would be melting some of this snow. Have a good day.

6. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I'm sorry for all that has cold weather as yesterday was a wonderful sunny day abot 75 degrees and today the sun is shining wonderful and is to be around
    80 degrees.I planted seeds all afternoon yesterday and will do the same today.Have a wonderful day everyone.

7. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. It is 47 and sunny outside today. I am going to a truck stop and meet my brother and visit. I am feeling better Dooley, the doc said my lungs are clear and I am not coughing much. Have a good day. Wannabe

8. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Tell Don hello from us! Though you probably are gone already. I've been having problems with just about everything I've attempted today so I'm slow getting going. Have a nice day everyone! dooley

9. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning all! :stew1: Another lovely day here, I feel so privileged. 4 deg C/39 deg F now, and the birds are making spring noises outside. The vet's coming to give the horses their annual shots, and I'm preparing myself for the automatic cringing. I always do that. It's worse for me than the horses. Hope you all have a nice one today, you deserve it!

10. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Good morning all stewbies.

Another lovely day here - nice cool - 26 degrees Celsius.
    Droopy - as a mother I also find that when my kids (dogs) have to get their annual shots etc. I am more worried and cringe at those needles. Poor babies. ANd your new baby - congratulations again on the colt. :stew1:

11. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning all at GardenStew. Looks like it's about to rain out, no doubt I'll get caught in it :rolleyes:

Current temps: 6 deg C / 43 deg F

Top Thursday greetings!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add captions to Caption Competition #104

12. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Amazingly we actually have some sunshine (with rain) here in Scotland!! 6 degrees today so the frogspawn is still surviving. :stew1:

13. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good Morning from Wisconsin's great North Woods. Yesterday it got up to 44° F (7° C). According to the TV guy, this is the first time that the temperature has gotten up to 44° since early last November. We got 3 inches of new snow last night, just about making up for the loss yesterday, due to the 44° day. Dark gray day today, and supposed to get up to the mid 40s again. What can I say??

Tom

14. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Forecast for today is warm, 80f/26c today and 90f/32c tomorrow and could be some popup thunderstorms in the area this afternoon. Our average last freeze date is March 17th, we have had light freezes as late as April a couple of years but for all practical purposes Winter is over and the Spring tornado season is about to begin.

I am going out back to play for a while. I have 4 packages of shingles for making more paths and seedlings to transplant to bigger pots.

15. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. 50 and sunny out today so we should feel better. There are new birds at the feeder so spring must be here. Have a good day. Wannabe