The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning (afternoon :rolleyes:) 6th October to all Stew addicts. Got my cup of tea in front of me and preparing for another day of surprises and long hours finishing up my new project. Got a newsletter to write too.

The weather has gotten decidedly chilly (but fresh) and looks like it made a spot of rain last night. Current temps in Malmö 14 deg C / 57 deg F

Enjoy!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Guess when we will reach 1000 members!

2. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

Good morning all. Tis hot again in New Orleans. I am tired of this heat. I was tired of this heat two months ago. I'm ready for the 'open window days' of the two weeks we call fall.

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning everyone. Not very cool here, but a tad better than earlier this week.
    I am taking Amanda to get her beginners driving permit renewed.
    She got her permit last year, it expired on her birthday this year but can be renewed without retaking the test for up to two years after the expiration.
    Randy and I both tried to teach her to drive but she just wouldn't cooperate, so she will be entering driving school after the permit is issued. I am looking forward to the freedom of handing her the car keys and saying goodbye, be careful.

4. Marlene

Marlene Young Pine

Good Morning/afternoon everyone -- Overcast here this morning. Had a thunderstorm with lots of rain last night. When I walked this morning there was just a fine mist. Cooler front is suppose to be coming in, so we are suppose to be considerably cooler later today. Have a great Friday.

Advertisement
  5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Rain here today. It rained in the inght. Everything is soggy. Cool, too. Going out for breakfast. Dooley

6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

:wave: Morning!!

Sunny and clear but with an autumnal chill to the morning here. Temperatures no higher than 6 degrees C. I suppose I'll have to give in soon and put the heating on during the day. :(

Enjoy today to the full everyone. :smt040

7. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning (afternoon :rolleyes:) all. It's the 7th of October! Fresh here in Malmö 15 deg C / 59 deg F. Off to make a cup of tea now, gotta love that tea. Nearing completion on the project and I promise to let you all see it real soon.

What's on the agenda today?

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add your captions to Caption Competition #17

8. reggaefan

reggaefan Official Poet Laureate

Good morning and Good news the weather Gnomes brought back fall while I was sleeping. Clear and 62F beautiful

9. muddybob

muddybob In Flower

Good morning to everyone. I deserve this weekend. I worked too hard swinging that hammer all week and now my hand goes numb while I sleep. A couple days off will cure that. I promise not to work this week end no matter who calls. I MEAN it! I knew a farrier that had a small sign in his truck that clients could see. It read POOR PLANNING ON YOUR PART DOES NOT MAKE IT AN EMERGENCY ON MINE. A bit too cheeky
    but I appreciate the sentiment. I would never want to make a good client feel that was directed at them because I will go out of my way for a very good client. But not this weekend. I MEAN it.
    Enjoy your weekends.

muddy

10. Marlene

Marlene Young Pine

Good Morning/afternoon everyone -- It's a beautiful cool morning here also...47 degrees when I walked and the most beautiful bright full moon could still be seen in the sky. The sun is shining now and it will get up in the 70's today. Hope everyone enjoys the weekend. Take care, Marlene

11. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning all, pretty chilly here, somewhere in the low 60's.
    The next city over is having their second semi-annual community garage sale this morning. Since it is under a large awning in the parking lot of a super walmart I am not sure why they still call it a garage sale, rummage sale is more appropriate.

It opens at 8 and we are taking the pickup truck this time, seems there is always something there that we would buy if we had the truck so this year we will have the truck. Wanna bet that there is nothing we want this year? :-D

Then we are going to a Dragon Dance at the grand opening of a local oriental supermarket. I have always wanted to see one.

12. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

Good morning all. Finally it has cooled off. I even have the doors open. Can fall be far away?
    The parish (In Louisiana we have parishes, not counties) fair is this weekend, and I want to go. And the nearby arboretum is having its twice yearly sale of native plants. I may have to make a choice between the two. arrrrrgh.

13. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. It is cool here today, 42 when I got up. We did have patchy frost during the night. We are going on the Spoon River Drive today. Wannabe

14. reggaefan

reggaefan Official Poet Laureate

Tough choice Jan our Parish fair is Oct.11-Oct15. {Livingston}

15. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

Good morning - hot lemon-ginger tea steaming away in a mug and we bumped the heat on in the house this morning. My thermometer outside the window says 52, and there is a soft rain falling, most welcome and refreshing. Hope it is a lovely weekend for all.