The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Gtood morning! We're up early and off to work today. It was already getting light when the alarm went this morning. Somehow it makes it easier to get up and get going if it isn't pitch black outside. Have a nice day. dooley

2. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning / afternoon all at GardenStew. The food party at my Swedish class was a success yesterday, my potato cakes were all gobbled up. Our lecturer was dressed as a påskkärring (sort of an Easter witch) to greet us with a basket of chocolate Easter eggs. It was all quite fun :stew2:

Current temps: 8 deg C / 46 deg F

Saturday salutations!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #104 Poll

3. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

A good Morning to you all, from Wisconsin's North Woods. It was 15 F(-9C) this morning, and snowing. Not hard, but snow nun the less. We are going to Milwaukee on Monday for a week, so we're getting ready and packing. Our neighbor and good friend, Fred, is preaching for the last time on Sunday, he was acting as interim preacher until a new one was hired, and that has been done. We don't want to miss his last sermon. See you soon

Tom

[​IMG]

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all.
    73f/23c degrees forecast for today which will be wonderful compared to the 88f/31c we had yesterday.

Right now it is 58f/15c with a strong north wind, the type of cool wind that will give me a bad sinus headache if I spend much time outside. And since I am still sore anyway, knitting or painting are the plans for today.

Advertisement
  5. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning, 4 deg C/39 deg F and rain today. Doesn't matter, I'm getting to stand in our new riding house to learn more about horsemanship.

After more than six hours yesterday I'm not sure I'll manage another five today, but I'll try. Have a good Sunday everybody, take care and stay safe.

6. SongofJoy57

SongofJoy57 In Flower

:stew1: Good Morning from the foothills of NC. :stew2: It is 48F degrees, and we are expecting a high of 60F degrees today, and sunny! Have a blessed Sunday! :wave:

7. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -3°C with mostly overcast skies. It is finally starting to feel a bit more like spring...the snow is slowly melting and the bird are singing every morning now. I actually have 1 garden that is melted out of the snow!!
    Have a great day all :)

8. Frank

Morning / afternoon all, sun is out in beautiful Malmö but it is slightly chillier. Definitely not sun-bathing weather :)

Current temps: 4 deg C / 39 deg F

Have a great Sunday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #104 Poll

9. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good Sunday morning from Wisconsin's North Woods. Down to 0 F (-18 C) a hazy combination of clouds and blue skies, with occasional sunlight in the snowy woods. We all keep saying that one day soon, spring is going to start showing it self, I just hope we are not still saying that in April. I need to get my mind off the weather, and going again on something new, how about Baseball. Probably not enough interest here at the stew. I need something until the snow is gone.
    Tom

10. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all.
    A cool front moved thru early yesterday morning and dropped our daytime high by 18 degrees from 88 degrees on Friday down to 70 yesterday.

Going to breakfast in a little while then I am hoping to get a couple of things done out in the yard.
    The soreness is easing but I won't do too much today, don't want to bring it back.

11. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Good Morning all it is a very windy morning .I will not complain as its still a great day out.Blooms blown everywhere.

12. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Cooler this morning but the sun is still shining. I don't know where the rain is. It's still windy so maybe it's just slow getting here. dooley

13. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning all. We've suddenly got winter again. Not too much snow though, about 10 cm/4 inches. I'm thinking I might fertilize. The temps are 1 deg C/34 deg F and the sun's out.

14. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Morning everyone
    Gosh just when you think that Spring will make its appearance. Sorry about that trick winter played on you Droopy.
    It is much the same here. Though it is a bit cooler with the average highs down to 26-27 degrees Celsius.
    I have done my usual running and coffee. Now it is stewing time.

15. Frank

A very good morning / afternoon all. Much colder here today, so much so that we have snow :rolleyes: I have a week free from my Swedish language course so I going to get lots done (I hope).

Current temps: 2 deg C / 36 deg F

Happy St. Patrick's Day all!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #104 Poll DECIDER