The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi folks and a very good morning to you all. A little bit rainy and damp here in Malmö, weather for ducks then :)

I saw a movie last night called 'Into The Wild' and I recommend that you watch it. It's based on a true story and a bit of a tear-jerker but the cinematography alone makes it worth watching.

Current temps: 2 deg C / 36 deg F

It's Friday already, enjoy!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add captions to Caption Competition #105

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday Morning all. Currently -11°C with sun and gusty winds. Sure doesn't feel like spring Brrrr!!
    Have a great day all :)

3. SongofJoy57

SongofJoy57 In Flower

Top of the morning to you all . . . It is 37 degrees F, but feels alot colder. We had a very light frost. We are supposed to get up to 62 by 4:00 PM . . . I have the grands today, and plan to spend most of the day out romping around with them. We are having our family Easter dinner this evening because Karen works on Sunday, and she and Adam or having her folks over for dinner tomorrow . . . I am grilling ham later, and plan to have fresh veggies since everyone is trying to watch their weight, and eat more sensibly. I must look for a lowfat pineapple upside down cake recipe too! Hope you have a blessed day!

4. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Mornign everyone

I hope you all had an inspiring Good Friday.

I almost did not make my stew time since my hard disk finally gave in after it has been making strange noises for a while.
    Like Frank said, and I followed his advise, I made backups in time. Thanks again Frank.
    The temperature here is around 29 degrees Celsius and we are just about to have some late lunch.
    Lunch is the traditional buns with pickled fish. (My mother was so kind to bring me some of her pickled fish.

Advertisement
  5. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

It's already afternoon here. We've got wind, sunshine and 3 deg C/37 deg F. Today is called Long Friday in Norwegian. I'm going to do as little as I can, that birthday party yesterday wore me out. ;)

6. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good morning from the city. We came here from the cold snowy North Woods, to This supposedly warmer, less snowy area. Well let me tell you, It's snowing, and "they" are calling for 8 to 14 inches. To make matters worse, I just looked at the weather button on my Garden Stew tool bar, and the sun is out and it is warmer back home. So it goes, on this good Friday morning.

Tom

7. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. 49 but cloudy with rain expected later. We worked yesterday so today is a quiet day for us. Wannabe

8. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

Ok... I know the rest of the northern climes have snow, but, we rarely get anything but freezing rain here. And certainly not a couple of days into spring, but this morning we were greeted with big, fat snowflakes! I love the northwest, it never lets us get complacent! So it's just above freezing with big fat cornflakes falling here. Ah, spring...

9. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Good Friday afternoon (11:30) Have things to do. The regular house cleaning, laundry. So that pies,cakes and boiling of the eggs can get done tomorrow. Will be taking my 9 yr old to a Easter egg hunt tomorrow. Everyone have a good day.

10. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! The forecast here for the next 10 days is sunshine and 75-76. Warmer than normal and I love it. dooley

11. Frank

So happy to hear this Palm. What a terrible event it could have been.

12. SongofJoy57

SongofJoy57 In Flower

Top of the morning to you all . . . It is 48 degrees F, and was 50 about 2 hours ago . . . so I don't know what that's all about. Anyway, we are supposed to get up to 69 by 4:00 PM . . . Be blessed today! SoJ

13. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -10°C and sunny. It still feels like winter!
    No plans yet for today.
    Have a great day all :)

14. Frank

Goooood morning / afternoon all at GardenStew. Temperatures are being reported in the minuses for the first time since January I believe. And we have a little snow also. Very strange weather.

Current temps: -1 deg C / 30 deg F

Have a great Saturday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #105 Poll

15. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good morning all, from the snowy big city. We here in Milwaukee, got 13 or 14 inches of new snow. It's beginning to look like home. The record for total snow in a winter season here is 103" and they got to 94 inches with this last storm. This is now the second most snowy winter in recorded history here in Milwaukee. Gee, and baseball season opens here, in 2 weeks.

Tom