The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. tschnath

tschnath In Flower

Good morning all. The sun in also in ME today Frank. Making up for all the snow we got dumped on us yesterday I guess. I hope it gets real hot and melts all that snow...one can dream, can one? Current temp is 29F with a 37F high predicted. I guess there won't be as much melting as I'd wish. We'll see. Have a great day all.

2. lexxivexx

lexxivexx In Flower

Good morning all!

38F and overcast in Portland right now, still pretty windy. Hopefully those gusts will give us a few sun breaks. Tomorrow it's supposed to get up to 55! Yay! Happy gardening.

3. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning all. The snow is melting very fast, and we've started our daylight saving time. *yawn* It's 6 deg C/43 deg F out there, but gray. We're having dinner guests later. Five of them. So I'd best get some organizing done. Enjoy your Sunday, please post flower photos.

4. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Good morning

I hope everyone has a super Sunday.

I think that our soil is starting to cool down - yippee.
    Our daytime temps are still quite high - averaging between 26 and 30, but every evening I find that I need a cardigan. :stew1:

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. It's currently -7°C and sunny. Looks like it will be another lovely day, which I will be spending outdoors :)
    Have a great day all!

6. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good Morning from the Great North Woods of Wisconsin. I've been away for a while, and it's good to be back. I say that looking out the window here at the foot and a half of snow that is still on the ground, and the thermometer that won't go above the mid thirties during the day, and still gets down to 0 at night. Spring is here on the calendar, but reality demonstrates something altogether different. Snowmobiles are still screaming past out on the lake, Ice fisherman and cars are still out there, Gardening isn't going to happen here for a while yet. But, it's Sunday, the start of a new week, I'm home, April starts Tuesday, baseball starts Monday, and all is well in our household, so I can deal with the snow and cold, and for now, that's what's important. Have a good one,

Tom

7. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning / afternoon all on a sunny Sunday here in Malmö. My friend had a moving in party last night so today I am relaxing :) I potted up a cutting from my Coleus and gave it to her as a gift. She decided to name it 'Francis' :D

Current temps: 8 deg C / 46 deg F

Enjoy your Sunday!

8. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Not so sunny this morning but I'm hoping that will improve as the morning progresses. It's not supposed to rain, just stray clouds. Have a nice day. dooley

9. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. Coudy and rainy here today. It is even chilly here in the house and I'd like to return to bed and warm up. I guess another cup of coffee would do the same thing. We have no big plans for today, hope you all have a good one. Wannabe

10. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Already closing in on 80F/27C here at a little after 11 am, very high humidty and now the sun is trying to show it's ugly face...it is going to be a sauna outside today. That's why I am not going outside today. ;)

We changed to Daylight Saving Time three weeks ago and my computer clock has changed itself back four times including this morning. It expects the change to happen the first Sunday in April and by golly it is going to stick with that plan no matter what we humans try to tell it. Maybe after next weekend it will be happy....at least until the change back happens in November instead of October

11. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning to all at GardenStew. Is it the last day of March already? *gasp* This is the fastest year ever, although I had been told countless times that time seems to speed up as the years roll on. Anyway sun is shining here, live every day as it comes :)

Current temps: 8 deg C / 46 deg F

Have a terrific start to your week!

12. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. We've got 10 deg C/50 deg F, the sun's trying to stay out of those big clouds, and the snow's melting very fast. I can see some crocus and snow drops again. Yippee! :D

13. tschnath

tschnath In Flower

Good morning all. Current temp here in ME is 30F, but a high of 39F is predicated. The sun is shining bright right now, but there's rain predicted for later...hopefully it'll melt a good chunk of the snow we still have.

I was very happy to discover this morning that the birds have already found the new feeder I put out yesterday. Sorry, I don't have any pics yet. I figured it wouldn't take too long, as I've got feeders in my back yard and I've got lots of birds here. This one is hanging on my front porch, close to the house, so I'm hoping to get some pics that I can't get from the back.

Everyone have a great day.

14. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

A good, Wisconsin North Woods, morning to you. We are under a "winter storm warning" today and until tomorrow at this time. They are saying 6 to 12 inches of new snow during the next 24 hours. And just when I saw the first bit of cement that makes up the driveway. What more can I say, I'll get pictures.

Tom

15. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone.

The snows melting here and the weekend was beautiful too, raining here at the moment, and supposed to all week,